Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nitro 3.7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one for replacing parts till problem solved, so ended up with 2 Nitro's both 2007 3.7 Nitro #1, bought it, repaired a small amount of front end damage, drove it about 1000 miles everything fine, one morning wouldn't crank, thought it might be security system, only had 1 key with it , just key, no fob attached, security light goes out, you can jump solenoid on starter, motor spins but no start, have another 2007 nitro #2 it had 2 fobbed keys, I replaced motor in it , thought fuel pump had quit but turned out to be relay in TIPM, took TIPM from it put in no crank Nitro #1 . started right up [ with jumper on fuel pump fuse ] started it about 5 times over a week or so then no crank again. put TIPM back in other Nitro #2 now it won't crank, have looked at wiring diagram for ign switch and see there are a couple wires that send signals to TIPM . Was going to have TIPM's repaired on both vehicles, but not if something in system would damage it. but what would be causing the TIPM to go bad from one vehicle to next. don't think any mods have been made to either vehicle as far as sound, or alarm systems, ect , is there a way to check and see what sensors are not sending signals to ok a start? 2 Nitro's dead ----- #1 has 140,000 miles , Nitro #2 131,000 miles, when I bought #2 it had spit a rocker arm through valve cover, thought rocker locks would be a fix, but found it had dropped valve seat, so cheaper to put in another motor , got one with 115,000 miles from 05 cherokee. installed it after swapping all the different items [ also had to drill hole through head to be able to use EGR valve] . AC worked but cooling fan on radiator wouldn't run, think it was TIPM on that problem also, then no fuel pressure, which was TIPM. now it won't crank. can't get any help or advice even from local Dodge Mechanics.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
586 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nitro 3.7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello thanks for reply, sorry if the post was confusing, main problem is Nitro #1 wont crank, did crank and start after installing TIPM from other Nitro, a few times, then no crank again, mentioned the other with a little history of it in case someone asked questions , something in Nitro #1 caused the installed TIPM to not work after a few successful starts , thought someone may know why, hate to have TIPM rebuilt if something in system could alter or damage it. a company in Dallas tx rebuilds them and replaces all relays, with 1 year warranty for 400. if I remember correctly. is there a way to check for signals sent to and from ignition switch to ecm and tipm that are not 12v ?

I think rebuilding the tipm on Nitro #2 will take care of it's problems ( fuel pump relay , and ac cooling fan relay )

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is it throwing any codes?

As for programming key fobs, I just went through this.
If you have an obd tool and alfaobd, you can take your proof of ownership to a dealer and get the access pin for each truck for free. Buy replacement fobs (I bought this pair of fobs), just take to any locksmith to cut them as copies, then with the working key, the pin from the dealer, and alfaobd you can program the new fobs yourself (search for the SKIM features in the alfobd menus).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts