Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have no power to 85 post on starter selonoid relay changed tipm no change tourn key on jump starter at relay turns over but no start new battery alternator and starter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have done and tested everything my son has the computer program from dealership the neautral safety is working shows no codes I've done a hard reset I've tried everything online I can find the only thing is no power to pin 85

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alarm light goes office done alarm reset but it was acting up before if I locked the nitro about two minutes later the alarm would go off so I had to leave it unlocked

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
get yourself a wiring diagram or full workshop manual, i got mine from Tradebit.com, then i can show you which wire was causing me the no crank issue,

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
starter relay needs to be checked whilst ignition key is in the cranking position,
pin 85 -12vdc positive (this signal is from the TIPM) but also linked to the WCM
pin 86 - 12vdc negative (this signal is from the PCM) but also linked to the transmission range sensor

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
managed to find some info,
the wire giving me a no crank issue was " ignition switch outlet (unlock run/start) " , wiring diagram Power distribution,
PNK/WHT wire links between
TIPM: connector C1 pin 49
PCM: connector C1 pin 12
Shift Lever Assy: pin 1
check for 12v + signal, my signal was lost at the TIPM, connected a 12v signal and the the engine started and has been fine ever since,
there are several pink/white wires be sure to locate the correct one,
hope this helps,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tested the ignition switch it only had 4.8 volts when I put 12 volts to the brown and orange wire and turned it over it started right up so I ran a jumper from the break switch still would like to find problem and fix it right I just ran out of time for now

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
theres no brown/orange wire at the ignition switch,
there are several brown/orange wires in the harness, they go to the crankshaft position sensor, acc pedal, injector #5, but they are supposed to be 5volts,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts