Dodge Nitro Forum banner

No Heat-no Ac (overwhelmed)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Scar0 
#1 ·
Just bought my 08 nitro RT, and disappointed so far. air and heat both quit. Ive read tons of posts and everything I can, and im to my wits end (its a short road)..
(pardon terminology here, carpenter not a mechanic)

The car had a sickly sweet odor when I bought it. not strong but a faint smell... Dealership said it had been serviced but never mentioned what for....(obvious now) It don't leak where others stated from heater core.

blower motor is running.

The actuator opens and closes the door above the blower (where cabin filter is) when circulation button is pressed

The blend door, on the drivers side by gas pedal is functioning. I can see the gear turning, I assume it is moving the door behind it. You can feel a change in the temperature, when switched but not by much.

Heat is prolly not above 80degrees F. A/c is prolly nothing cooler than ambient temperature.

I have not been able to check the a/c r134a lines, but doubtful since a/c and heat quit together.

I flushed the heater core and got liquid in the glovebox and passenger floorboard. I didn't use a lot of pressure, and didn't get much as far as dirt goes either. I got adequate flow, but at some point during the flush I got prolly 1/2 gallon of antifreeze/water in the floorboard. There was even a splash in the glovebox. Maybe I did use more pressure that necessary? is something clogged?

Have not noticed any wet spots anywhere. had car for 30 days...

Seen just enough online to scare me and wish I hadn't bought this. but here I am, with a broken car (that I really like), and a mind full of questions....

Im pretty capable and equipped to do a lot mechanically. but where do I start with real troubleshooting.

Brandon

See less See more
#3 ·
This is really strange. Pull the blend door actuator and note the position of the door (It will have to be set back where it was to reinstall the actuator). See if you can manually move the blend door. If the blend door is not moving your A/C will not work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.