Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anyone have a part number for these actuators? Pretty sure I need one for my blend door. Air moves, record works, no heat at all. Core in and out hose gets hot and is pressurized.
What year?

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig, then it will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
46 Posts
What year?

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig, then it will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
2007 RT 4.0
68004016AA
Caution! Do not move the door position when installing the new one, if you do, it may break when the system comes on. If it survives, you will have to get a dealer to calibrate it before it will function correctly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, only wanted to do this once. Bought an actuator and contorted my old butt under the dash to swap it out. Before I did I checked both of them by watching everything. Guess what, they are both working just fine. I had flushed the heater core back when I changed the thermostat, but since my issue isn't the actuators I checked the heater core lines again when hot and the lines feel pressurized, but. It as hot as they should be. Going to try a flush again tomorrow. Anything else I should do????

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wouldn't hurt to pull the actuator and manually move the door. Again remembering to put it back to the original position before reassembling...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Could be door, actuator or linkage. But you can flush it first to see if that helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok! Follow up time. Hope this helps someone down the road. Here is war I went through since previous posts. Actuators were all working fine. Checked them all. Took out thermostat and checked by heating in a pot of water on the stove. Worked perfectly. Drilled a tiny hole in it to allow trapped air to pass through. Flushed system. Told possibly water pump blades worn. Changed water pump. Blades are plastic and no way they are going to wear. It was time for a new timing belt anyway. Flushed engine, radiator and core again. Still no warmth anywhere. By the way be really careful with the the power steering pulley with the stretch belt. WTF were they thinking. Long story short that pulley is $200.00. I did everything at this point (outside freezing my butt off by the way) and nothing got me heat. In speaking with a buddy one day, he said he heard of heater cores getting partially clogged. To the point where water only would flow through the first chamber so it would act normal, but not get far enough into the heater box to warm up. SO... I took my handy dandy flushing kit and installed the garden hose as normal and hooked one side of the tee to the core and the other side to my air compressor via a blow gun. Put a length of heater hose on the other side to direct the outgoing blast away from everything and with the water on full I gave short blasts of compressed air about 10 times. Was a bit worried that if the core was weak it would bust and maybe it would have, but it was my last option anyway and would be the next thing to change if this didn't work. Anyway, after the air and water blasting, put it all back together, added coolant, burped the system and..... I finally have heat again. Now I've got a water leak that I think is from the sunroof. Anyone want to buy an R/T Nitro?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for getting back to us Superbeast!
Glad it worked out in the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too have a similar problem with the heat. Gets heat on the passenger side but not the driver. Flushed the heater core and it helped some but went right back to no heat in about a week. Heater core replacement is going to be a weekend job when it gets warmer out for me.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Nitro Blend Doors got stuck in a 2008. I took off the front middle radio/vent cover. Then there is the plastic duct that has 3 screws and remove the duct work. Took my cell phone and videoed and picture the inside and full of stick stuff that they use to seal the doors from leaking to other vents. Looks like tar! I tried cleaning it but very tight need someone with small hands. It it got stuck I could force the door open and it will blow in all locations and then get stuck again later. I used a back scratcher that I would put through the vents to jam the door to open again if got stuck.

20200525_194046_resized.jpg
Inked20200525_193819_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194034_resized.jpg Inked20200623_115332_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194046_resized.jpg Inked20200525_193819_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194046_resized.jpg Inked20200623_115332_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194034_resized.jpg Inked20200525_193819_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194046_resized.jpg Inked20200623_115332_resized_LI.jpg 20200525_194034_resized.jpg

21 - 34 of 34 Posts