Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thanks I'm advance for any help or suggestions. My 08 4.0 r/t dodge nitro won't start. It won't even crank over. About 2 weeks ago it started telling me the keys were in the ignition after I'd taken them out and they obviously weren't in the ignition. It was a minor annoyance. A week later it stopped starting, just a single click. Put it in neutral and rolled it out of the way of my other car and tried starting it on a whim and it started. Drove it twice, started fine. Came time to go to work and it wouldn't start again and hasn't since. New battery a couple days ago. Had a new starter put in a year ago, so I'm ruling that out, for now. All my connections are clean and tight. Thanks for trudging your way through my rambling.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Jwl1980. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Check the start and run relays.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hello all, thanks I'm advance for any help or suggestions. My 08 4.0 r/t dodge nitro won't start. It won't even crank over. About 2 weeks ago it started telling me the keys were in the ignition after I'd taken them out and they obviously weren't in the ignition. It was a minor annoyance. A week later it stopped starting, just a single click. Put it in neutral and rolled it out of the way of my other car and tried starting it on a whim and it started. Drove it twice, started fine. Came time to go to work and it wouldn't start again and hasn't since. New battery a couple days ago. Had a new starter put in a year ago, so I'm ruling that out, for now. All my connections are clean and tight. Thanks for trudging your way through my rambling.
Was the starter a remanufactured starter? If so, I would bench test it just to make sure 100% it’s not the starter.
When removing the key, it still says that the key is in the ignition... sounds like a ignition/lock cylinder issue (maybe).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts