Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Nitro Heads!

I am in the process of looking for the right Nitro to call my very own.

I've been reading some of these posts and some of them scare me a bit. Should I really buy a SUV in the first model year? Does dodge do a good job of addressing any issues that have reared their ugly heads?

I am just at the point of no return, The Nitro is just so great looking. I'm looking at SXL's with the 24C package and 17" wheels, prolly have to be manual to afford 24C. My Husband likes the Black but I'm partial to the Khaki. There are more Blacks out there so he may win out.

I'm doing all my homework and I should qualify for a recent graduate rebate and a venders incentive which will really help the bottom line.

I can't wait till I can post pics of MY Nitro.:Racing:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew!, Is that good to hear. I'm sitting in the middle of a March "Blizzard" here, Maybe I should go test drive a Nitro to see how it preforms in snow AND my steep snowy driveway.

Wouldn't it be a Hoot if I did and got it stuck in my driveway

Hello, this is Mamaloca, you know that Nitro I took for a spin?

Well, yes, We wondered where you were.

Well, Um, I, um, am sort of stuck.

Sort of Stuck?

Well, no, really stuck.

Where are you Mama?

In my driveway.

In your Driveway?

Well, yes, it's sort of why I need a four wheel drive in the first place.

We'll send somebody right out.

Don't laugh I had a 6 ton dual wheel Ambulance stuck in my driveway once hadda be towed out.

But then the Nitro will glide up the snowfilled driveway with the greatest of ease, won't it? :Racing:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the Nitro SXT 4X4 with the C pkg its silver and I love it, I havent had any real seriouse problems with it with the 4 months I have had it. the sticker price was $23,655 but mine has the 16 inch weels and a 4 speed auto. Youll love the ESP system and it handles nicely. Mine still turns heads and its nice here cause no one has one around here where I live but me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome MamaLocahttp://www.nitroforumz.com/member.php?u=1345!

I also have a very steep driveway and I didn't get stuck once since I purchased this Nitro. No slipping, no sliding just took it easy, no sweat. I used to park at the top and then walk up and down (that was almost worst) when it was snowy and icy. That hill is really the only time I've had it in 4x4 so far and it's very hilly where I live. The Nitro is beautiful in
black but the Khaki would probably require less clean time. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.