Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
There was another member of the forum that had a noisy rear differential. I just can't find the post of that member at the moment. It said the dealership replaced the ring and pinion. After that the vehicle had no noise.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Midnightnitro..Guess you , being a mechanic, got one of the lucky ones and can tell the service dept exactly what to do. All of us have a tendency to listen for what we may think is a problem or unusual noise and sometimes we are right. Hope you can get it corrected without problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to all for the quick response, i had a feeling that was the problem. need to schedule an appointment to get it looked at.i guess being a mechanic can help out a little, if anyone needs small advice on problems or anything else, feel free to contact me.

G

·
noisy rear end

I'm also having a problem with noises. As I drive down the street, I hear a "rotational" metal-on-metal noise coming from the right rear end. It seems to go away if I turn to the left, putting pressure on the right rear tire. It also comes and go's as I drive down the road...sometimes going away completely, other times getting really loud as I come to a stop. I've already been to the dealership about it, and they couldn't find a thing. I was told they took apart the brakes but found nothing wrong. I got it back, and wouldn't you know it... an hour later it's baaaack! This is the second time I've had it in for the noise. So far they've put over 100 miles on my truck with no results. All this, plus an electrical problem, and I just hit the 1st month of ownership mark. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 400 miles on my R/T with a whine from the rear end. Dealer listened to is yesterday and said they need to contact Dodge to find out how to address the problem. I hope this is the case and not just a stall by the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
noisy rear

Mine has a noisy diff as well
Was told to wait a while to see if it got worse
I am at the stage of taking mine back as they has told me there is no fix for the tranny and if I do not like then start the process of giving it back
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my R/T back from dealer after 2 weeks to solve rear end whine noise. So far great results. The dealer replaced several bearings and now the Nitro is quiet at all speeds. Now feeling much better about this purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
results to rearend

sorry for such the delay in responding. had my nitro to the shop this week and they ordered a near ring and pinion set with all the bearings to fix it. now in the process of getting this far, i was at a different dealer and they did the trans flash and made it shift worse. the noise fromt he rearend the told me was a vibration from the drive shaft(b.s.) i have never heard any kind of noise like that from a driveshaft only really loud clunkin or clankin. well anyway i will respond to what happens with the rearend after they put all the stuff in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.