Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows what the strange sound coming from behind the dash left of the stereo, and right of the rpm Guage.its very annoying, and happens randomly sounding like a sound the CD player make when ejecting a c.d. . The vehicle could be turned off, and it still makes this sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS (y)

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need to figure this out because I cannot for the life of me figure out what this feature accomplishes other than an annoying gear like sounding sound. Maybe someone will see this and answer

·
Registered
2007 R/T
530 Posts
Heater vent?

Only comes on when the heater is on? Or lights or anything else?

Comes on when driving? Standing still? Anytime?

Got a video?

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heater vent?

Only comes on when the heater is on? Or lights or anything else?

Comes on when driving? Standing still? Anytime?

Got a video?
It's when all the lights are off. Or on. When driving, when not driving after setting off for hours. The sound is coming behind the air vent and to the right of the RPM gauge. Honestly it sounds like a camera when the zoom lens comes in and out LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
What radio do you have? I noticed a similar noise years ago after changing from the regular stock radio to a MYGig. It kind of sound like a computer running. I always just assumed it was a cooling fan or a processor for the radio.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What radio do you have? I noticed a similar noise years ago after changing from the regular stock radio to a MYGig. It kind of sound like a computer running. I always just assumed it was a cooling fan or a processor for the radio.
That's a great question. Interestingly enough it did it with the stock stereo. And two others I had installed but ironically the sound coming from the left of the stereo sounds like a CD being ejected ejected from a CD player but is not coming from the stereo it's between the odometer and the air vent below the windshield washer washer controller. I really need to figure this out because I do a lot of camping in my vehicle and it is really annoying

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
814 Posts
random thoughts...not sure what all is back there.....my mom used to have a Chevy Impala that a relay under the hood would click randomly.....on or off......lights on or off...etc etc...could just be sitting in the driveway and do it.........??????????

Reactions: Heat3.7

·
Super Moderator
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jp great to see you. I don't have a clue brother . I think one of my ex's had something installed to stalk me 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts