Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I, too, have the 8 speaker system and am relatively unimpressed. I was expecting more I guess.

That being said, the Nitro was a replacement for a F350 that had a sony HU, Cerwin Vega components, a nice Fosgate amp and 2 10 inch MTX subs. So now you understand my disappointment. I can imagine a tweaked system not too far in the future, since I still have all my hardware laying around in the garage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah I was unimprest with the factory sound system, so I decided to put my california 1000 watt amp and my 2 12" kenwood subs. Still waiting for the dash kit to come out sometime in the next couple of weeks I have herd. Hopefully theres a wire harness for it as well, IM not really crazy on the splicing into the elec, for the kenwood head unit I have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I, too, have the 8 speaker system and am relatively unimpressed. I was expecting more I guess.

That being said, the Nitro was a replacement for a F350 that had a sony HU, Cerwin Vega components, a nice Fosgate amp and 2 10 inch MTX subs. So now you understand my disappointment. I can imagine a tweaked system not too far in the future, since I still have all my hardware laying around in the garage.

I understand your pain. The TL has over 3,000 watts, 2-12" and all Seas components. Some will make its way to the Nitro. Just can't decide if I want to glass in a single sub in the side or spring for a box. A box will kill most of the use rear though. Just need the weather to break and a couple weekends........

I'll take plenty of pics!

Kirk

G

·
Hi guys,
We're trying to install the AVIC-HD3 in my cousins Nitro 2007. He currently has the infinity sound system, but this gives us some troubles.. First off.. We can't find a wiring kit yet to connect to the original plug that goes into the current 6disc changer ( connector C2 ), no biggy, a part from speed pulse we get everything we need from diagrams on this forum, from nitrotech if I'm not mistaken.. But our main issue is that we don't want to change out the factory infinity amp at this stage, because in the end the whole sound system will be replaced, but not just yet.. So we wanted to connect the HD3 to the inifity amp but there lies our problem.. How do we turn the amp on/off ? We already found the audio input wires on the amp (the ones on connector C2 don't work apparently neither for high level of low level inputs..)
Anyone got an idea where we can get the right wiring harness and which one we need to power the amp with the remote output from the HD3?

thanks in advance..
Grtz

·
Join!Resistance is futile
15,638 Posts
Hi guys,
We're trying to install the AVIC-HD3 in my cousins Nitro 2007. He currently has the infinity sound system, but this gives us some troubles.. First off.. We can't find a wiring kit yet to connect to the original plug that goes into the current 6disc changer ( connector C2 ), no biggy, a part from speed pulse we get everything we need from diagrams on this forum, from nitrotech if I'm not mistaken.. But our main issue is that we don't want to change out the factory infinity amp at this stage, because in the end the whole sound system will be replaced, but not just yet.. So we wanted to connect the HD3 to the inifity amp but there lies our problem.. How do we turn the amp on/off ? We already found the audio input wires on the amp (the ones on connector C2 don't work apparently neither for high level of low level inputs..)
Anyone got an idea where we can get the right wiring harness and which one we need to power the amp with the remote output from the HD3?

thanks in advance..
Grtz
Welcome DaViper! There are many audio guys here so someone will know! go to Newbie Check in! and introduce yourself! :wavey:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.