Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Offroad Bumpers

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Scar0 
#1 ·
Been trying to find offroad bumpers for my nitro. Looked at the liberty ones and contact a fab guy who builds them but he said that the radiator sits to low in the nitro and it will not fit is there any applications for us out there or a way to lift the radiator to accommendate the liberty bumper

#2 ·
Unfortunately, There is nobody, that we have found, who makes an aftermarket bumper for the Nitro. Most folk who have them have done DIY fabrication, or paid a fab shop to make one. One member here does have a Jeep JK bumper on his Nitro. But, he had to have a fab shop make a special bracket for it to fit.

#3 ·
There is also one here that used a KK Libby front bumper. It came without the KK turn signal wings and looks pretty good on the Nitro.
Have you talked to At The Helm?

#6 ·
ATH helped me with my design of the winch plate I did. Great guy.
I do recall discussing the Nitro's radiator height measurements with him. But I believe it would only really matter if you ran the metal plate all the way under the radiator. If he left off the radiator skid plate you could add one to the slant once it is installed.
Check out my winch plate link in my signature. It may give you some ideas.
I left my side braces a little long in my design, then once I test fitted it, I cut the bottom off and added the metal cross brace under the radiator.

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum Dbaumann97. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Obee07 has not be on this site since 2016, so I doubt you will get a response.
To bad really, because I was interested in how he did this as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.