Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed the oil on my 2007 nitro 3.7l, you can do it yourself, i ran the car on some ramps, i had to use my left arm to get at the filter, yes its a little messy but no problem doing it myself, i didnt mind taking it to the garage but you never know what they do, had some leaks when it came back a few times,from now on i will continue to do it myself, so give it a try and do it yourself its not that bad to get at the filter.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
Ya, the 3.7 can be a pain. For me I lay feet first(from the front) under the engine and reach forward/up (kinda over my head) to get at the filter. Having a lift kit installed does make it easier for me. No ramps required. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
For me, at my age and physical disabilities, it is well worth the $45 to have it done.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I lay like Scar0.... feet towards driver side..... right arm up and in. It’s a pain yes but doable. Also with no ramps here... 3” lift makes it a breeze. Rotate your tires when u change the oil to make it easy to keep up with. I use Lucas oil stabilizer and synthetic.... 45$ maybe if u do it. Well more at a shop for all that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, That's what it cost at the dealer I use for oil changes only, they send me coupons regularly Local shop here in town does it for $50.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not bad.... but I highly doubt ur getting a qt of stabilizer and synthetic for that price though. Sometimes the price is worth not having the hassle of doing it. I hate when I have to rotate my tires lol they weigh a ton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts