Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here we go for my 2nd forum post ever lol

I just purchased my 07 Nitro SXT 4wd from a previous owner... and today my oil light came on.. but only when my rpms dropped below 1000 h once its over 1000rpms it turns off...I just replaced the battery today also bcuz I took it to get tested n it was weak. Does this sound like more of a oil pump or oil filter/pressure problem?

I swear i have bad luck with cars >_<

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Depends, how is your oil level, when was it last changed, and what oil is in it(xx-W-xx)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure what kind of oil is in it bcuz I just bought it from somebody idk.. the socket in the car says it was changed on jan 4th.. n the oil level is where it's supposed to be at.... i'm pretty sure my car is possessed now cuz it does it randomly now lol

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
How does the oil pressure switch wires and plug look?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once i locate the switch n plug.. ill let ya know. I did get an oil change.. so i kmow its not a plugged filter. I was reading another post about the same problem for the same year n engine... n it said something about an inserting an oil gauge... im gunna have to look into it.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
The pressure switch is right above the filter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I forgot to give an update... I replaced the oil pressure sensorþswitch and the oil light problem went away... thank gawd... best $13 fix ever. Next is to fix either my mass air flow sensor or fuel pump.. and find out which one is causing my car to chug when giving it gas.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Great news! :cool:
Thanks for getting back to us with the fix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts