Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to say thank you all for this forum and all of the info on it, as it’s been very helpful throughout the years. I followed scar0’s instructions step for step in changing my fuel injectors (3.7L). When I disconnected the injectors from the wiring harness I noticed oil residue inside both the fuel injector connector and harness connections on almost all 6. Tried to clean them with some electronic connector cleaner spray and the oil just seems to continue to seep out. Any ideas where to check for where this oil is coming from? And would it be ok to continue to clean these connectors or better to invest in a new harness all together? Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
How-To credit goes to @DrewsBrews
Good Q where the oil is coming from. My first bet is the valve covers.
If the electrical parts cleaner you are using is plug/wire/rubber safe, then there should not be an issue using it.
A harness is not necessarily easy to find.
You can try disassembling the plug by removing the wires from it to thoroughly clean it.
Kind of hard to explain the process, and you need some tiny tools.

Reactions: Thomas Kneipp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did read somewhere that it’s a possibility that the oil is being wicked up the wire insulation from a bad camshaft sensor seal. Ever heard of that one? How bizarre lol. Anyway quick update I did recheck the injector connections last night and they were clear of any oil residue. Guess I’ll continue to check those periodically. Thanks for the reply I’ll have to take a look at the valve covers when I get a chance and get back on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts