Dodge Nitro Forum banner
321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Broken wrench. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Can one fab a "coolant" filter?
Would be easier than flushing all the time?
Another member here did just that. It is somewhere in this thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but its getting colder here and I am having this problem. Going to flush it this weekend and order this soon. Check it:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
great idea,
last week someone posted a pic of an engine block with the cylinder head removed, the walls of the waterways where covered in the light brown crud which blocks the heater core.
apparently it is sand left behind from the casting of the engine block, i'm not conviced, almost looks like its caused by a reaction between the antifreeze and the cast iron,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, it's been like this since I bought it 4 years ago. The only difference is, I only get cold air on the drivers side floor, the vents and defrost both blow hot and the passenger side floor blows hot.
Hey all! Been awhile but have an issue. Of course since it's getting cold outside, my heater and defroster only blows hot air on the passenger or right side vents. The left side seems to blow cold air or vent temp. air.
Any help with this problem would be great! Wife drives it and we're supposed to have a chance for freezing rain and possible snow Thursday night! So I need to figure this out QUICK!
I like many others have the EXACT same problem. If any one figures this out please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all! Been awhile but have an issue. Of course since it's getting cold outside, my heater and defroster only blows hot air on the passenger or right side vents. The left side seems to blow cold air or vent temp. air.
Any help with this problem would be great! Wife drives it and we're supposed to have a chance for freezing rain and possible snow Thursday night! So I need to figure this out QUICK!
I have the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what it was? I changed the door blend actuator and still the same problem.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts