Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good d ay guys for the past 6 month I have have had problems with the 4wd system...

Problem: while driving at 10kph-20kph I switch from 2wd to 4wd lock. and while it is actuating into 4wd it grinds and once it gets in to 4wd a big klank/ crunch happens....

so I gone to the local Dodge Dealership and they said they couldn't find the problem but they hear it and feel it there. and said that they would have to bring it in and take apart the tcase....

so I caid screw it ordered the only remanufactured t-case in Canada/usa ( there where no new t-case as they were discontinued and the reman was the last one in north America...

New Transfercase : got the new transfer case install by my fathers friend (only because he worked for dodge as the transmission /driveline tech) and went to pick it up.... what do u know it didn't fix the problem...

so I brought it into my work ( I work at ford as a shop hand ) got it up on the hoist and got someone to switch it from 2wd to 4wd while in park... no noise ..... did the same thing while in drive aand tires spinning at idle speed never over 5-8 kph and switched back and fourth same grinding and crunching and klang.... I held the front diff and the t-case and felt all grinding and noises comeing from only the tcase ...the remanufactured tcase .......

ANY SOLUTIONS ON WHATS GOING ON could the syncro be gone in these tcases

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
How is the fluid level in the T-case?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Strange one. X-fer case CV and CV boot ok?
Maybe you got a dud...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And worse thug is like I said above dodge said it was the only reman in northamerica and no new ones because there discontinued

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Did you have to send them your old one as a core?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
WOW never heard of an X-fer case core being that high. Bummer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in NWT Canada and shipping on almost everything is high and fuel I wish it was back down again its at 119.9 per litre

1 - 10 of 10 Posts