Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I keep getting the error P012C. Ive tried with a new sensor and checked the wires, but nothing really helps. The engine i going fine untill this error shows up, sometimes i can drive 1 km before it shows and sometimes 10 km.
It also shows P2299 sometimes, but i dont think theyre realated to each other, but i might be missing something.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kronborg. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

P012C = Turbocharger (TC)/supercharger (SC) intake pressure sensor - circuit low. Possible causes; Wiring, TC/SC intake pressure sensor, ECM
P2299 = Brake pedal position (BPP) switch/accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor - signals incompatible. Possible causes; Wiring, BPP switch, APP sensor
Or is it
P0299 Turbocharger (TC)/supercharger (SC) - low boost. Possible cause; Mechanical fault

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basicly theres only my sensor,wires and ecm which can cause p012c? Because ive changed the sensor and checked the wires by ohm'ing them and useing a 21w bulb which they all can give the power it needs to give full light.
I guess i have to replace the ecm then, or can it be a software error?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
which sensor did you replace ?.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
ScarO asked was the code P2299 or did you mean P0299 ?.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
these are the first things to check:
1:clean or replace Intake Pressure Sensor (sometimes called MAP sensor).
2: check air filter is not blocked.
3: check all turbo hoses from the turbo to the intake manifold, for a split or leak (this is common on the CRD engine).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tue air filter is quite new, tryed the mål sensor aswell. I guess ive to check the hoses better. Any place specific theyre breaking?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tue air filter is quite new, tryed the mål sensor aswell. I guess ive to check the hoses better. Any place specific theyre breaking?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
No, some members have had the top or bottom hoses split,

split hose may not be your issue, but worth a check to rule it out, normaly your engine would loose a little power and maybe hear a whistling noise, depending on how large the split is, also you would find the turbo hose very soft, in the sort spot is where it will split first ???.

i did read on the internet that the fault p2299 could be the problem, and is causing the code P012c !!.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
P2299 is set when the engine is above 710 rpm, the brakes are applied at the same time as the accelerator for 15 seconds or more.
This may be caused by a faulty brake switch or sticking accelerator pedal.

P012C most mentioned thing to check, is a short of some kind.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
here is a youtube clip for P0234, the turbo could be the cause of all your issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts