Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 nitro that is throwing both codes all 02 sensors were replaced checked for vacuum leaks best we could and the scan tool is showing everything is normal It seems to run fine it’s not low on power or anything And I’m stumped any help would be great

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the 3.7 put a new map sensor plugs all 4 o2 sensors in checked for vacuum leaks everything appears to be metering normal I’m out of ideas

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
Thanks. OK, did you disconnect the Neg battery cable while working on it? If not, disconnect it for 10 minutes.
P0172 = Fuel system 1/1 rich
P0175 = Fuel system 2/1 rich

It will take three good trips to turn off the CEL on its own.
Were they OEM O2 sensors you put in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sorry for the delayed update but I took it to the garage and they replaced the coolant temp sensor because it was reading 235 all the time also I had them put all 4 oem o2 sensors on it but the codes came back Could it be the pcm ? I kinda thought if it was the pcm it would pull more codes than just those two

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
Did you disconnect the Neg battery cable while working on it? If not, disconnect it for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok we did try to remove the negative terminal and no luck and we replaced the pcm and again no luck seems to turn back on after 15 miles no matter what

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
What engine?
Interestingly enough, the #2 on the list to check, after O2 sensors, is the EVAP purge solenoid operation, and fuel pressure (59 psi +/- 5 psi). If pressure is to high it could just be flooding.
Injectors stuck open, shorts in wires, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I
What engine?
Interestingly enough, the #2 on the list to check, after O2 sensors, is the EVAP purge solenoid operation, and fuel pressure (59 psi +/- 5 psi). If pressure is to high it could just be flooding.
[/QUOTE.
What engine?
It is the 3.7l. The garage had it again today and did exactly that checked the purge and fuel pressure and injectors they pulled the plugs out and said it dose not look like it’s running rich at all they said the only thing they could see that was the voltage on the map sensor was like .2 voltes higher than normal but didn’t think that should be enough to throw the engine light about the only thing not changed in the system is the air temp sensor on the intake I don’t know what else to try

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
Map sensor was also on the list. They need to pull the barometric pressure of the Map when engine off and compare to atmosphere.
Then connect a vacuum gauge to a vacuum source on the engine, Start the engine, Read the map sensor. It needs to read within 1 inch of Hg on the manual gauge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts