Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes it has the same mileage
My bad you're correct, the tire sensors should self learn if you travel 25 Mph+ for a few minutes. Key here is no other CJD rigs nearby as you drive.
The new PCM must have the same mileage programmed into it as the old one.
as my old pcm, the other pcm coming tomorrow. I’ll see what happens

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok so got the new pcm and programmed and all I did was go into immobilizer/replaced pcm and input the skim pin to program it. Once I was done the car started, but I’m still having the same issue.

I don’t know what it could be. When i look at live data, on the injector width, injector 2,4 and 6 are 1700, and 1,3 and 5 are around 3000 which tells me the pcm is cutting fuel back cause the 02 is reading its rich. While pressing the pedal down the 02 reading and injector width pretty much get close to bank 1.

Is there anything I can do to verify the coil pack are getting proper signal and or power?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would like to also add that when I do a injector kill test, if I do any injector on bank 2 there isn’t much change on idle or stumbling, but there a noticeable difference on bank 1 when kill either 1, 3 or 5 injector

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
have you checked the wiring harness, we have had members who have found harness damage due to rubbing or heat ?

closely inspect from the injectors to the PCM and from the TIPM to the PCM

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
i just read another thread for code P0172 they also replaced lots of sensors and parts and finaly they say the injectors where the issue,
if it's any consulation You are not the only person who has had a hard time resolving this issue,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
i just read another thread for code P0172 they also replaced lots of sensors and parts and finaly they say the injectors where the issue,
if it's any consulation You are not the only person who has had a hard time resolving this issue,
[/
yea I’m going to swap bank 1 and bank 2 feul injector and see what happens. Then after that I’m going to check injector wire and possibly a couple other wire

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Seem to be the injector all along, swapped injector and got the same result on bank 1. I going to the junkyard to buy some and see how it turns out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok fuel trim staying around 0,I did swap coil pack when I did the injector, injector pulse width are only 200 off from bank 1, suspect I have a bad coil pack. The injector made a difference and gave me some data, There is an obvious misfire still. I’m going to swap one coil pack out at a time to find if any are bad by monitoring the injector pulse width and see if by swapping the bad coil pack if any. Bank 1 should drop below bank 2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ok I changed out coil pack with no change to the misfire. I don’t get a code for a misfire but I know I have one. I’m gonna do another compression test. Feel like I’m going in circle with this car

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
possible spark plug issue ?,
I think it’s possible, because I just got doing a compression test and got 180psi on all 6 cylinder, and when i replaced piston and ring on bank 2 I put oil down the spark plug since it was wash out from the bad injector and they still had oil on the spark plug when I took them out now. I cleaned them out and going to see what happen

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,742 Posts
Run it hard to see if it just needs to be burnt off.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts