Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the truck from my brother he got the same code a few months ago and we replaced the plugs and coils. Problem solved I recently replaced the plugs with nkg properly gaped coils two 02 sensors on passenger side cam and crank position sensors as well as the intake manifold due to the map sensor being messed up. The new intake manifold came with a new map sensor installed. I also replaced all injectors and get a good fuel pressure reading when running and the leak down only drooped a few psi ten min after shut down. It will backfire if a press on the throttle but usually backfires when the rpm’s are dropping to idle. It is a 2011 se 2wd with 100,7xx water plump was changed before I got it. I have not been able to drive it much since changing the plugs wires and the other parts I don’t trust it on the road. I also changed the rear differential fluid while it has been sitting and have all the stuff for a transmission fluid and filter change. I got a smoke machine to look for any vacuum leaks but could not see any or hear any when it will idle. Most times after sitting for a bit it will start up and idle fine unless I press on the throttle then the idle will get rough and if it dies it is hard to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also compression less looked good wil be doing again soon just to varify my readings. All the cylinders looked good but cylinders 6 and 4 where about 10 psi lower than the others. I also pull the passenger side valve cover to make sure I did not lose any adjusters and all looked in tacked when I peaked in to look.
I have a permanent p0300
Things got worse after I seafoamed through the booster and let it sit. Then I tried to drive it to clear it out and then it was backing firing like a rally car and could not go up inclines.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i can check to see if there is a correct way of testing it, have you checked the timing is all lined up ?,

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i did check in the workshop manual and there was nothing regarding testing the EGR,
a good scan tool will let you test components individually and is a must these days, plus you can see live data,
every time i use mine its like a $100 i didn't have to spend at the garage,
anyways stop buying parts and get yourself a quality scan tool, and a cheap PDF workshop manual,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts