Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Does anyone know what to check next to get my reverse parking assist to work again. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 10mins and I have removed the rear bumper( fascia) removed the four sensors, cleaned and refitted everything but still not working. :confused:

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
When you say it does not work, is there no life from it at all? Or does it continually sound the alarm when backing up?

You might want to take a look at the fuse for the park assist. It should be cavity M34 (Red 10Amp).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry should have explained better. When fault first started ( after a very cold night well below freezing ) there was a bleeping when reversing has if I was to close to something at the rear, now no sound at all. The switch for on and off has a light on it but that stays on if switched on or off. and the high level rear interior warning lights you can see in your rear view mirror where on. but they are off now. When I removed the rear bumper yesterday under the passenger side (your drivers side)behind the bumper there are a few electrical connections and some sort of control box ? are these anything to do with it. I did clean them up and give them a good dose of WD 40. Hope this is better info. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Hi, there is a control module for the park assist, but i don't know where it's location is. follow the cables from the sensors and you should find it, then you could unplug the sensors, and see if anything changes with the on off button.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Unplug the wires, clean off the WD-40. WD-40 which is not conductive.
Put some dielectric grease on the connections.
Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unplug the wires, clean off the WD-40. WD-40 which is not conductive.
Put some dielectric grease on the connections.
Let us know what happens.
Thanks for info about WD 40. I will buy some dielectric grease and see what happens ( if it stops raining ):) :smileup:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Check fuse M34.
The module is located in the right rear quarter panel, slightly above and forward of the wheel well.
Is the switch turned on? It should be on the console below the HVAC controls.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Scar0. Did not know about the module,do you mean behind the interior trim and when you say right do you mean right when stood at the back.sorry if i sound a bit stupid but i just want to make sure before i start taking the interior trim out.:smileup:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Not a stupid question at all. The only stupid question is one that does not get asked.

In car terms it is always said as if you are sitting in the drivers seat facing forward.
The park-sense module (the one that actually does interpreting) is behind the right rear quarter panel. The side airbags and charge canister are also in there so...
Before doing any work on the Nitro, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.
You don't want to have your airbags go off accidentally.
It has already happened to a few members here...

The park-sense module talks to the sensors in the bumper via the CAN BUS. Kinda like a mini computer network. The C2 connector is the one that goes to the bumper sensors.
C2 Pin outs;
1 WT/LB PARK ASSIST SIGNAL 8
2 WT/OR PARK ASSIST SIGNAL 9
3 WT/DG PARK ASSIST SIGNAL 10
4 GY/OR REAR PARK ASSIST SENSOR SUPPLY
5 WT PARK ASSIST SIGNAL 11
6 GY/LB REAR PARK ASSIST SENSOR GROUND
7 NO CONNECTION
8 NO CONNECTION

Connector C1 Pin outs;
1 PK/YL FUSED IGNITION RUN CONTROL OUTPUT
2 DG/GY REAR PARK ASSIST DISPLAY SUPPLY
3 NO CONNECTION
4 WT/GY REAR PARK ASSIST DISPLAY SIGNAL
5 NO CONNECTION
6 WT/GY CAN IHS (+)
7 NO CONNECTION
8 NO CONNECTION
9 NO CONNECTION
10 GY/OR PARK ASSIST DISPLAY RETURN
11 DG/BK GROUND
12 WT/OR CAN IHS (-)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
whats behind the left rear quater panal
Air... LOL
Tail light harness, trailer hitch wiring, jack, side airbag and charge canister.
dhh3 has a mystery harness back there also, he was supposed to let us know what it is...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
ok, thats what is behind mine, so the Export Nitro is the same as the USA, in regards to layout in rear quarter panels, i also had to change my rear fog light from right hand side to left hand side, thinking i would have to run a wire from R to L, however just switched bulb from R to L and job done.:smileup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Have you tried putting you vehcile in reverse and the wetting your index finger and then touching each sensor separately and try and feel a little pulse?

i did this on mine as has "service park assist" come up on my dash and now know which sensor is faulty as no pulse was felt.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,

Have you tried putting you vehcile in reverse and the wetting your index finger and then touching each sensor separately and try and feel a little pulse?

i did this on mine as has "service park assist" come up on my dash and now know which sensor is faulty as no pulse was felt.

Hope this helps
Its not the first of April again is it.?:chuckle:That`s a new one I will try that.:)Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check fuse M34.
The module is located in the right rear quarter panel, slightly above and forward of the wheel well.
Is the switch turned on? It should be on the console below the HVAC controls.
Hello everyone .Bet your all sick of hearing about parking sensors.Today I have checked the fuse and its OK I also removed the rear quarter panel interior trim to look for the module the only one I could find was the one pictured.
104_0229.jpg 104_0234.jpg
Unless its in between the outer and the inner panel but I cannot see behind unless I remove seat belt. I also followed the wiring harness from the sensors in the rear bumper and on the left hand side looking up behind the bumper and wheel arch I can see this module below.Dont know if its anything to do with it.
104_0248.jpg 104_0247.jpg
Sorry but I am note going to let it beat me. I will do a how to remove the interior trim in the Nitro knowledge base if anybody is interested. :smileup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts