Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Oh ya. I'm sure there is a lot I don't know. But I learn more each day. :smileup:

BTW; I just looked up the part # 56040696AC ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you resolve your Rear Park Assist issue?

Hi, Steviebee

As I have the very same issue currently, I saw that you had removed the rear right interior panel to reveal the Bosch sensor module. Did you replace this and more importantly, did it resolve the unresponsive rear parking assist issue?

My own is currently behaving in the same way, when I switch on the ignition, all the lights on the rear panel light up, then go to only red. I changed the fuse, I chased the wires too. I have not checked for a pulse for any life, by sticking in reverse....placing my finger against each of the sensors. BTW whom is in the car, if you are at the rear of the vehicle checking the sensors, whilst it is in reverse..:SHOCKED:

Am I the only one, whom also has a module located in the rear left handside panel, because I do. It sits alongside the jack and tools. It has wires running to it of course, but I suspect it is rear tail lights and the high tail brake lights.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Am I the only one, whom also has a module located in the rear left handside panel, because I do. It sits alongside the jack and tools. It has wires running to it of course, but I suspect it is rear tail lights and the high tail brake lights.
It could be a trailer wire harness back there.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
don't presume this is the park sensor module, the alarm module, as Scaro says the towing module is also in the right hand side.
there are also some modules in the front, middle and rear of the head liner.
best way to work out whats what, is look up the module part number.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks guys

I had checked out the right handside module, it is the security as you have suggested, I knew that it wasn't the rear parking assist module, as I had viewed the pics on here which show a Bosch module.

However, as I have now resolved my ABS and rear park assist issue by replacing the rear right handside wheel sensor, I have no need to check the module.....for now anyway! :Racing:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok i already solved it, it had three damaged sensors. Place the ignition on the car without turning it on, put it in reverse and with a wet finger rub the sensors, you will feel a small pulse when rubbing. The sensor that you do not feel anything is that it is damaged, I changed them and I already solved the problem. my nitro is from 2007 2.8 cdr 4x4 177cv. the sensor reference is 1AF63RXFAA

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Glad you got it sorted @volumen99
Thanks for the update and tip to figuring it out.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts