Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my passenger side blinker bulb twice within the last month. I thought it was odd that I it was out twice so soon, but I just got the Nitro. Then, after trying to clean the film off of the headlights with supposedly the best products out there and finding them a joke, I decided to replace the lights. Driver side all three light work fine. Passenger side only the headlight works. Checked for damage to wires, connections and got nothing. Replaced bulbs, still the same. What is odd is that ALL of the lights on the passenger side were working until the new
headlights were put in.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
670 Posts
Possibly got a lemon. Lol. Before that I’d ohm everything out to ensure all connections. Ensure the 12v at the bulb connector with a multimeter. No 12v... follow it back.......12v there then time to investigate the new light assembly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new light assembly cant be the issue, because when the mechanic couldn't get the new light assembly to work, he plugged the original light back in and still those two lights were out. So, I'm figuring he must have pulled something loose, but I cant seem to find anything that looks broken or loose following the wires back or at the connectors. They dont appear fried or burned. I will get the mechanic to try the multi meter, as you suggested. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
several members have had issues with turn signals not working, most of the time it is a bad Ground wire, would be great if you could update this thread with your outcome.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Hollywood. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
several members have had issues with turn signals not working, most of the time it is a bad Ground wire, would be great if you could update this thread with your outcome.
A guy who does minor repairs for me said it is the ground wire, but I didnt like that he wanted to do a separate ground and drill into the inside metal. He said he didnt have the tool that traces the wiring back from the lights that arent working to where the wiring issue is coming from, and he said it cost about $1,000 to but one and he doesnt know where to rent one. I'm wondering what it is going to cost for the dealership to fix this and how they would do it. Yikes! I can find the makeup mirror and radio stations I like and that's about it. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guy who does minor repairs for me said it is the ground wire, but I didnt like that he wanted to do a separate ground and drill into the inside metal. He said he didnt have the tool that traces the wiring back from the lights that arent working to where the wiring issue is coming from, and he said it cost about $1,000 to but one and he doesnt know where to rent one. I'm wondering what it is going to cost for the dealership to fix this and how they would do it. Yikes! I can find the makeup mirror and radio stations I like and that's about it. Lol
Personally, I think another guy who put the new headlight in must have pulled a wire loose somewhere I cant see, when he took the grille off.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
670 Posts
Personally, I think another guy who put the new headlight in must have pulled a wire loose somewhere I cant see, when he took the grille off.
Very possible. Not uncommon to drill a ground connection. Just use a self tapping screw to the chassis somewhere. No biggie. Not really necessary though. Just find another grounding location and add a wire from it to your light if you don’t want to drill. Plenty of options under the hood. Can also use a “t” connector and just tap into an existing ground.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Both my headlights had ground issues thru the plug (after market lights) I just ran a jumper around the plug with taps and a quick connect.
But as @JPthekid suggested, there are several existing bolts in the fender area you can pull out. Then using an "O" connector on the wire, with the bolt going thru it, would work as a ground, as long as the bolt goes into metal attached to the metal body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts