Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a hard to find Close Out Panel for a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The part has been discontinued and I have struck out at the local salvage yards.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Here are a few pictures of the areas that I am looking for the part. Without these pieces, the heat is dissipating back up into the dash instead of on h floor and feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
right one was marked as discontinued, i'm not sure you will even find a left one, maybe only second hand,
to be honest with you they are not very good, they are a kind of made from a fibre board with one side covered with a thin material, they are very flimsy and do not have enough fixing points, they sag down a bit and i can see them, pretty annoying, they are on my list of "things to do" would like to make them more rigid if pos,
tell you the truth i could live without them, they don't do very much
before you ask no you can't have them :),
ill keep them for now,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right one was marked as discontinued, i'm not sure you will even find a left one, maybe only second hand,
to be honest with you they are not very good, they are a kind of made from a fibre board with one side covered with a thin material, they are very flimsy and do not have enough fixing points, they sag down a bit and i can see them, pretty annoying, they are on my list of "things to do" would like to make them more rigid if pos,
tell you the truth i could live without them, they don't do very much
before you ask no you can't have them :),
ill keep them for now,
Well, if you change your mind on the passenger side, jlmk. I ordered the left one you sent the link for😃. They are very flimsy but I honestly had not experienced any issues with them until they were missing.

I am honestly wondering if they threw out another part that would have extended the heat shaft so that the heat would actually make it to the floorboard and not get lost up in the dash.

I will be looking for that part next🤪

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
found some more numbers for
Close out panel
55197310AC right
" 11AC left
" 12AC right
" 13AC left
as you can see there are 2 sets, most likely just different colours, the AC is just the revision letters so anywhere from
AC-AF could potentially work when searching the part

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found some more numbers for
Close out panel
55197310AC right
" 11AC left
" 12AC right
" 13AC left
as you can see there are 2 sets, most likely just different colours, the AC is just the revision letters so anywhere from
AC-AF could potentially work when searching the part
Thank you so much. You have been very helpful.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
before "ScarO" left the forum he gave me a Nitro parts manual, so i thought i would put it to good use,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts