Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Just a reminder the actuators on the front of the engine are not 12v. So do not try to use 12v to move the electrical part. They are computer controlled.
You can move the inside valve by hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you resolve the stalling issue? My Nitro 4.0 is doing the same thing. Long and short fuel trims under 5 for both banks. Runs great until the car is at operating temperature then stalls suddenly when at idle.

G

·
So I have 2008 nitro with the 4.0. It has 180,000 has been maintained as normal and never an issue one until now it has started stalling at idle a few months ago. More so with the AC on but does time to time without it. Its not showing any codes what so ever.. We stopped driving it when all this started but have worked on it regular and im completely stumped. Ive changed the TIPM box along with each relay and fuse in it. Had it flashed aswell, new EGR valve, pcv valve, plugs, coil packs, throttle body, alternator, battery, air filter, fuel pressure test good, even ran seafoam through it. Only rhyme or rhythm i can see is the AC on but has to run for a good 45mins before first stall then after that is more frequent then i can turn air off then it will run an hr or 2 before stalling or not at all. when it stalls it doesnt cut power everything stays on just the engine quits. Any thoughts would be much appreciated . please help. Thank you in advance..
What codes is it sending out with all that being replaced it can't have a problem but if it still does it's what that other mechanic told you we need a code though what code is it saying blessings to you

21 - 24 of 24 Posts