Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had my driver's door decided to deadlock itself so I couldn't open it馃が馃が馃が馃が.

After following all the advice on here. My mechanic mate eventually got the door open, BUT, I now have to order a new lock as he had to break the lock too release the deadlock.

On on closer inspection once the door card was removed, the loom that goes through the door to the pillar, there we found a chafed wire, which he repaired and retaped.

It had chafed through both the original tape of the loom and then the wires insulation.

So we then found the inside edge of the door frame to be very sharp, so that edge now has a double layer of gaffer tape to hopefully prevent any further chafing to the loom.

I'll be ordering the lock 1st thing Monday, then it's just a waiting game till it arrives. Then it'll be just a case of reassembling the door again.

Registered
Hi Pete,
well done getting the door open, and finding the wiring issue, great valuable info, the 2 double lock relays are situated behind the front lower right footwell kick panel, once you lock the vehicle after about 20 seconds you can hear them actuate,

Reactions: Scar0

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete,
well done getting the door open, and finding the wiring issue, great valuable info, the 2 double lock relays are situated behind the front lower right footwell kick panel, once you lock the vehicle after about 20 seconds you can hear them actuate,
Thanks.
Yeah, it was a bit of a bugger getting it to unlocked. Ordered new lock today 拢178, 2 - 4 days for delivery. Didn't think that was too bad. So as long as it doesn't rain my mate will fit it Saturday.
I assume you mean on the secondary fuse board is where I'll find those relays??

Registered
there is no secondary fuse board on the Nitro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts