Post your Dodge Nitro Review

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Reviews' started by NitroTech, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Nacho13

Nacho13 New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Electric Blue
    I've had mine for 5 years now. Love the looks, love the way the front car drivers cr*p their pants when they see me coming close to them, love the room, love the seats!!!, love the cargo space, love the spirit of a bold SUV ready to rock which seems lost now. I definitely agree that a V8 would have been superb, but the V6 gives me all the power I need and maybe the higher consumption of a V8 would have made me change my mind.

2. adot45

adot45 Well-Known Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro 4x4
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Black
    51,000 trouble free miles

I just want to land on a side of the story that a lot of people don't hear about. Seems only the bad side gets the press. I just turned 51,000 miles on my 07 SXT that I bought new. Every single one of these miles has been an enjoyable, trouble free, and most pleasing ride. Aside from normal, routine maintenance such as oil & filters, an air filter or two, and a set of tires, I've done nothing to my Nitro that could be considered a problem. I did have the roof rails replaced but that really isn't all that big of a deal, right? My Nitro has taken wifey and I to anywhere we wanted and in comfort and style. The styling and appearance of the Nitro's is second to none in my book......OK, a little less plastic on the inside would be good but the seats are very comfortable, at least to me and the interior layout is good. I was thinking of trading vehicle's but when I look at what's "out there" and what we have now I think I'm just going to put a little $$ into a new radio and seat covers for the inside and a little suspension work outside and keep it a while longer. Sometimes when vehicles get a little age on them you get the feeling that things are going to start going bad but this feeling is not there with my Nitro, I still have the upmost confidence in it and enjoy driving it every day. Regards, Dave :wavey:

PS Did I mention that I've never had a mechanical, electrical, or problem of any kind that I had to have the dealer resolve?

3. eagle.al

eagle.al New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    SLT
    Color:
    Black
    my nitro review of my 2008 slt

First of all I am very happy with my nitro. I am impressed with the power I get out of the 3.7 liter motor. I van spin my new tires on dry pavement. The steering and brakes are very smooth and easy to work. It runs like a sewing machine at 80mph. I would only have one medium size negative and one small negative. The medium is that the gas mileage is not real good. The small is that some of the interior plastic doesn't seem like high quality. Overall I really like my nitro and have no desire to trade it for anything.

4. adot45

adot45 Well-Known Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro 4x4
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Black
    Well, first of all, I can't believe my 51,000 mile post from two years ago is only two posts up but whatever. I just wanted to say that in 75,000 miles 6 years and 8 months I still had not had a major problem. A couple of batteries, a front end brake job, and routine maintainence is all I have to report. Friday my 07 Nitro turned into a 2014 Cherokee Limited. I've enjoyed this forum for the most part and am still awed by the wealth of information contained here. Happy Motoring to all!

5. Routs

Routs Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Nitro 4X4
    Trim:
    R/T
    Color:
    Electric Blue
    I'm looking forward to being able to post a "first impressions" post about my Nitro and then a longer review once I've had more time with it. Definitely a very positive experience in the few days I've had it.

6. pidgetwo

pidgetwo New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    Hi - picked up my Nitro last week , a 2009 diesel auto. Early days to pass judgement on the vehicle but not sure if it's me not wanting to burn gas or the nitro is very slugish, seems very slow on accelerator. I am thinking if a re map would improve the performance ? All views much appreciated. Very comfortable, quiet for a diesel, good vision and driving position, acres of boot space, don't like the taxation £485 ouch !!! Insurance offsets tax ,very reasonable - horror stories on tyre prices , once again all views welcome. Happy so far.

7. genseric

genseric Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Nitro 3.7L 4x4
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Stone White
    I bought mine in summer, 2007, with the lifetime powertrain warranty and added the lifetime wrap warranty. It's been a good suv, pretty good for my purposes. I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. It has 264,000 miles on it, it's not burning any oil, so I hope it keeps going for a long time. I want to cash in that warranty for another engine down the road.

Blue ram and Scar0 like this.
  8. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Thats what I like to hear! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh and Welcome to the forum genseric. [​IMG]
    When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
    Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
    That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  9. GinGii

GinGii New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    It still rides great and gets good gas mileage even after my dads put 130,000 or so miles on it, its bone stock and almost 100 percent the same as it was off the lot 10 years ago. The only problem i have is 1st gear, feels way to high and i find myself avoiding stops whenever legally permitted.

Scar0 likes this.