Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nitro owners. I have a problem with my nitro, power door lock not working but the unlock feature is working. I want to fix this but i dont know what to do. I need help!.. Thanks..

·
Registered
32 Posts
power door locks,I had this problem on my 2007, the help I got on this forum helped for awhile but now they don't work at all. Have an appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. I disconnected the NEG terminal for 10 minutes and reconnect (watch your head the horn blows) let the puter spool up and try.This worked a number of times ,but wont now. The big problem is there is no way to unlock the back hatch, and of course the better half has it full of groceries. Will post results of my visit to dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried disconnecting the negative cable for 10 minutes. Now the unlock work but the lock is not working. what should i do next?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Is this true of the key fob as well as for the interior button?
Both passenger and drivers side buttons?
All doors or just 1,2,3,4,hatch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So ... Not the original poster but I have the exact same issue. 2007 Nitro. Unlocks, but won't lock. Dome light goes off w/ drivers door closed. All door locks seem strong on the unlock pulse, and I hear the relay at the power center on the unlock pulse, but not when I push lock or use the fob (disconnected the horn)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heat Related

I am having the exact same issue. I have figured out that it is caused by heat. I've noticed that on hot days the power lock stops working but if I wait until night time when it cools off it starts working again and works until the next time it gets really hot out. I'm not sure of the exact cause yet but I'm thinking that one of the contacts heats up and loses contact because something expands due to the heat. It's weird that it only seems to affect the lock and not the unlock function but it does.
Hope my investigating helps you. Let me know if you figure out how to fix it. Disconnecting the power doesn't work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello there, Still the power door lock not working. When you push the unlock botton in the driver side as well as the key fob its working, but the lock botton is not.. do you have any solution in my problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The quick fix is to wait for the temperature to cool down and it will start working again. Mine only seems to stop working when the temperature gets above 32ºC so on days that get above that I wait til the evening when it cools down then it works. I did talk to the dealer about it and they said they weren't aware of the issue on Nitros but they have had it on other models. It doesn't sound like it is more than a couple hundred bucks to fix but I haven't gotten around to taking it in yet because it doesn't get above 32ºC all that often here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is about the most retarded answer for this problem I have ever heard... HEAT!?!?!? Really !?? So please explain to me how this EXACT PROBLEM relates to me when it's 32F outside??? Yeah didn't think so... So what's really wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem! I can unlock, but not lock. The locks would not lock once in a while, but then they would start working again. Then, they just stopped working altogether. I wouldn't care so much, but I have no way to lock my hatch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a 2007 R/T with same issue. Dealer says it is a module. They replaced the module and now the unlock works and auto start which didn't at first. They claim I must have gotten a bad module and going to put on a new one next week. We will see if this works. The module communicates with the fob but that doesn't explain why the door lock buttons on the front doors don't work or the automatic locks when you put it in gear and drive

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mazzydan. :wave:
When you have a chance, head over to the
Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Too bad some of the original posters never came back and gave us an update as to the "fix".
What the dealer replaced on your ride was the WCM (wireless control unit). Which is involved in the Fob unlock and remote start functions.
The "auto-unlock/lock" feature is programming. Either you or the dealer can program this to occur. If you did not get an owners manual, you can down load one from Dodge for free.

Not being able to test on your ride, I would guess the drivers switch panel needs to be replaced. All the lock/unlock power goes to this switch first, then to the other switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The unlock on the doors work as the fob does. The lock doesn't on either does not. This is a problem as I cannot like the back latch

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
For now to secure your rig...
See this thread to manually lock/unlock the hatch, post 4. You do not need to follow the link in the above thread. It is for another issue.
It is not real easy but it can be done. You don't have to remove the entire back hatch cover, there is a little access panel you can remove to get to the knob from the inside, but it is harder to get to that way.
Turn the round white knob clockwise to unlock it. Turn the round white knob counterclockwise, to lock the liftgate. See this thread post 15. for a Pic of the knob (it is not circled).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the same issue my doors unlock from driver controls and fob but doesnt lock wth!! Has anyone had a solution? It just started n hour ago so imma let it cool down like most said n try in the morning. Also unrelated my vents r stuck in the top vent no other modes work swapped da actuator on the drivers side n still nothing any hints?

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Scar0 mentions a WCM. Mine is now doing the same thing, with either key. It will not lock, unless I give it a couple of tries, but will unlock every time. I took it in last week for the clock losing time TSB, and the Dealer ordered an ECM. In running the test for a bad ECM (somehow this has something to do with the clock keeping time), me rear wiper no longer works - it's either off or on, with no park! TIPM will no longer "take" a program, so Dealer ordered one of these too! Not sure if the door locking/unlocking is related, but I'll ask when I bring it back in for the new ECM and TIPM.

:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. Sorry it's taking me While to get back on here but my nitro R/T had been in the shop for almost 3 weeks to fix the door lock problem. Which I'm happy to say finally got fixed. I didn't mind that they had it for that long because they have me a new journey to drive for the duration. Dealership was awesome to get to the problem and fix it and it was a used car dealership and not Chrysler. So the problem they thought initially was a PMC Modual which communicates the key fob with the vehicle and I apologies if I didn't get the initials right on the Modual. But anyway they found another unit or Modual in front of this that had a low voltage reading that was causing this Modual to go bad. I am still trying to find out exactly what this unit is so I can post it. But it took quite awhile to get this part in and I don't know at what cost as it was still under warranty. But I'm happy to say that electrical gremlins and door locks are all fixed. I will post again once dealership can tell me exactly what the parts where. Maybe someone can explain here what those parts are. Sorry I can only help this far

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem but opposite here

This just started happening this morning. The door panel and key fob locks all doors fine but only unlocks the drivers door. I can hear the other locks make noise and see them move a little when I press the button but thats it, including the back hatch. Not sure how I'm gonna overcome this tonight when I have to deliver 300 sunday papers :eek:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts