Dodge Nitro Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
So my 2007 dodge nitro is doing something like this I can hear the unlock and lock from driver door but I can only hear lock from the others but I can hear the fuse working what could it be

·
Registered
126 Posts
power door locks,I had this problem on my 2007, the help I got on this forum helped for awhile but now they don't work at all. Have an appointment with the dealer on Wednesday. I disconnected the NEG terminal for 10 minutes and reconnect (watch your head the horn blows) let the puter spool up and try.This worked a number of times ,but wont now. The big problem is there is no way to unlock the back hatch, and of course the better half has it full of groceries. Will post results of my visit to dealer.
solution here http://www.nitroforumz.com/threads/tipm-repair-export.40350/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem! I can unlock, but not lock. The locks would not lock once in a while, but then they would start working again. Then, they just stopped working altogether. I wouldn't care so much, but I have no way to lock my hatch.
Yes you can lock the hatch!!! Open the hatch and look up at the lock area, and you will see a small plastic cover (about a 2 x 2 size), remove that cover and to the very back behind the lock, and you will see a white plastic bar. Take your finger and push it back, and you will hear and feel it lock. That how you would manually lock the hatch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes you can lock the hatch!!! Open the hatch and look up at the lock area, and you will see a small plastic cover (about a 2 x 2 size), remove that cover and to the very back behind the lock, and you will see a white plastic bar. Take your finger and push it back, and you will hear and feel it lock. That how you would manually lock the hatch.
nitros all have the same failure the lock unlock relays in the tipm there is an extensive thread on this site for that if you never touched electronics in your life buy an ebay tipm and get them to flash it for your serial number if you want to open up the tipm and change the micro relays it's up to you they are white and the best way to test them is to use a 9 volt battery and apply power to the coils you will have to search the pinout on the nec site they are mostly double relays so you apply 9 volts to the coil if you hear a solid click go to the next and so on a bad relay will sound weird i made a temporary cable since mine broke in the winter you buy a cigarette lighter connector wire it to a box with a double pole double throw center off switch and feed the gate unlock motor with the other side that way you could unlock your gate till you fix the main issue the motor needs 2 polarities 1 to lock the other to unlock so wire the switch in that manner

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw a video on YouTube about this exact problem. The cure, for me, was to disconnect both battery terminals from the battery. Then hold them together for about twenty seconds. It worked for me and the problem hasn't returned in over a year. In addition, doing this had no ill effects on any of the cars other systems.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts