Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter from the Pueblo Dodge dealer where I bought my SLT. It states there is open service action. It states Dodge may not have notified me yet.

#06-058 Power door locks.

Hmmm I wonder whats up with that? My door locks have a stong positive sound when they auto lock.
Nick

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nick...

The letter your dealer has sent you refers to this TSB Number: 23-050-06 REV. A Subject:power Door Lock(s) Inoperative. Once a vehicle leaves the dealership and a customer reports a problem, like in this case with the power locks, that is known a repair procedure is documented and distributed to the dealers as a Technical Service Bulletin.

But before a vehicle is sold, dealers sometimes receive what are called Rapid Response Transmittals from Chrysler to inspect vehicles if there is a possible component malfunction, again in your case the power locks. The repair procedure is done before the vehicle is delivered to a customer. #06-058 Power door locks is the document number that dealer received as a Rapid Response Transmittal on your Nitro.

Your Nitro may or may not require this repair. If your locks are working normally, you can inform your dealer there isn't a problem. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.