Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got about 8500 miles on my SLT and have had this problem with the power door locks for about 4k miles. It only happens when it gets cold outside (<35F). When you press the unlock button on the remote, the driver's door makes a clicking sound like the lock is trying to pop up but can't so it locks itself back down. The door fights with itself for about 5-7 clicks, then it finally unlocks on the second or third button push. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, I was down at the beach this weekend, driving about 40mph, then whammy, the truck feels like it shifted itself into neutral, all the dash lights turn on, all the guages go to the full right position, the engine revved up, went down to idle, I coast about 100 yards freaking out, then it clicks back into gear, like nothing happened so with mild heart failure and wet drawers, I drive on. Anybody? Somebody? I see a dealer trip is in my near future.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
By your description of the operation of your power locks it sounds like the drivers door lock actuator is ratcheting (slipping). It's possible for the Nitro's that required TSB 23-050-06, if not addressed, lead to the problem of the lock actuator slipping. Get the actuator replaced and that should correct your problem.

The second concern you mentioned has been discussed here on the forum but it seems no definitive repair has been found. Check out the thread "Caution your Nitro may die". Lots of discussion can be found there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I'm having the lock problem and was told by the dealer unless it does it in front of them there's nothing they will do. So I went to the dealer early on a Sat. morning and made someone employed there stand outside with me until it slipped and yes it was cold. It goes in tomorow afternoon for repair of the door lock and speakers. The transmission seems to be fixed now. That was another issue all together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an appointment for Friday. I'm actually taking it there Thursday night with specific instructions so they can unlock it for themselves Friday morning. I'm also having the speaker problem and the transmission problem. I've got a wind noise/whistle at speeds over 50mph coming from the front right pillar. All will be addressed on Friday...hopefully.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dropped off my Nitro today I looked around and saw that the black rails on the top where broke. They weren't bolted correctly and caused the right one to break. then the guys just went over it with a fine tooth comb. I'm waiting to hear what else they find.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Yes, I'm having the lock problem and was told by the dealer unless it does it in front of them there's nothing they will do. So I went to the dealer early on a Sat. morning and made someone employed there stand outside with me until it slipped and yes it was cold. It goes in tomorow afternoon for repair of the door lock and speakers. The transmission seems to be fixed now. That was another issue all together.
I LOVE IT! Maybe next time they'll just take your word... LoL! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem

I have a 07 with this same issue, and I took this to be fixed many times. Every time they fixed it it would break again. It's only the driver's side and it's only when it's cold. It used to just be the front seat door, but now it's both driver's side doors. The problem is my warranty ended in Novemeber, but I have brought it in for this issue many times and I don't feel like I should have to pay to get this fixed since I have a documented issue of this being taken care of. Do you think I should contact Chrysler? I have no idea what to do but I am pissed. I love this truck and it has special meaning for me, but I want it to work correctly. :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Go to this site - http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60218 Great information for any of our forum members with warranty questions. Hope it helps.

I have a 07 with this same issue, and I took this to be fixed many times. Every time they fixed it it would break again. It's only the driver's side and it's only when it's cold. It used to just be the front seat door, but now it's both driver's side doors. The problem is my warranty ended in Novemeber, but I have brought it in for this issue many times and I don't feel like I should have to pay to get this fixed since I have a documented issue of this being taken care of. Do you think I should contact Chrysler? I have no idea what to do but I am pissed. I love this truck and it has special meaning for me, but I want it to work correctly. :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
When you get to this page, you will have to "left click" the "home" button on the upper left of the page. Then go to "warranty issues" in the right column of the page that comes up and "left click" on that title.

Go to this site - http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60218 Great information for any of our forum members with warranty questions. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Good info to have on your side. Thanks Miss Daisy! :rep: if I could, but I need to spread some around first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.