Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my Nitro since Feb. 07 with 8 trips back to the dealer for nagging problems. Now there is a rattle vibration in the headliner that seems to come from the slide panel. The dealership doesn't seem willing to dig into this one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
790 Posts
My Nitro developed a vibration just above the driver's head while at freeway speeds. Turns out there is a service bulletin on this, # 23-038-06. All they do is put some 3M double stick tape on the bottom of the rail & stick it back down. The tech told me he didn't expect that to last & that Dodge would probably have to do a recall with a better solution. We talked about having a curved piece of steel in there, bolted down at the first bolt, and applying downward pressure at the front end of the plastic roof rail.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a rattle in the sunroof slides... they rattled against the headliner... The only way I could pin-point it was moving the shade on the roof. When it was closed fully there was no vibration. It took the dealership a full day to find it, thankfully they have been great (I've taken it in over 24 times). Now just waiting to get the rails re-stuck.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
My Nitro developed a vibration just above the driver's head while at freeway speeds. Turns out there is a service bulletin on this, # 23-038-06. All they do is put some 3M double stick tape on the bottom of the rail & stick it back down. The tech told me he didn't expect that to last & that Dodge would probably have to do a recall with a better solution. We talked about having a curved piece of steel in there, bolted down at the first bolt, and applying downward pressure at the front end of the plastic roof rail.
I had the TSB done, and it worked for about 2 days! I get the rattle again! :mad:
I hope they do recall it and do a more permanent solution....bad design, me thinks!

·
Join!Resistance is futile
21,832 Posts
I had the TSB done, and it worked for about 2 days! I get the rattle again! :mad:
I hope they do recall it and do a more permanent solution....bad design, me thinks!
I told you how to fix it nice big sheet metal screws ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts