Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems most of the problems posted here are with the SLT or SXT trims. Anyone have similar problems with their R/T or new problems to report?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Funny noise from the R/T

I have a new noise coming from the engine, only when it is cold. It sounds like a little steam engine is running in there, once it is warmed up I do not hear the noise.

When or if the MyGig ever gets to the dealer that I ordered I will have them look at that noise also.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a new noise coming from the engine, only when it is cold. It sounds like a little steam engine is running in there, once it is warmed up I do not hear the noise.

When or if the MyGig ever gets to the dealer that I ordered I will have them look at that noise also.:D
Man my rt has thirty thousand and has the same noise did you find out what it was I think it is a lifter or rocker arm lose. Its getting looked on Monday.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It seems most of the problems posted here are with the SLT or SXT trims. Anyone have similar problems with their R/T or new problems to report?
RLMD ...The short answer is NO .. The long answer is that my 08 R/T just passed the end of the warranty .Prior to the passing of this mark I took it in for a go over ..Figured I check out all systems while still on their dime ..They found zero ,everything checked out OK .I especially hoped they would find the drive by wire under specs ..but it tested AOK ..That is my only dislike with the Nitro ..I hate D B W ..not enough feed back for me.. The only issue I had with the R/T was an idler pully noise in the first year and they replaced that along with a new belt.

I totally agree with your observation that the R/T had fewer problems.. I cannot speak about the newer models ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.