Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone esle heard of Dodge being slow to deliver R/Ts to the dealerships? I have been waiting to purchase an R/T loaded up with MyGig and after hearing about the new delay on the MyGig unit decided to opt to buy one without it.

I stopped at my dealer last night and he made it sound like there was a real shortage of loaded R/Ts? Has anyone else heard of this? I have 5 dealers in my area and only one has R/Ts in stock (4 to be exact) but none have leather. And I haven't seen any with leather yet.

Is there any truth to his rumor of them stopping production on them because of the MyGig issue? I find that hard to believe, but I figured I ask the rest of the community and get some inside info.

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this.

-Lil'

·
Registered
28 Posts
No R/Ts

I have not heard of an official delay but I will say they have been hard to come by. I was fortunate to come upon one only one hour after it arrived on the lot. I bought it of course! My silver r/t has black leather with red stitching. I have not seen one with leather since and I have been searching the online inventories through the Dodge website. I don't know why they are equiping with leather automatically.... Good luck with your search. I know it's frustrating.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any photos of your leather interior? Or anyone who has the R/T leather package? I am considering buying an R/T without the leather and getting a Katskin interior for it in the colors of my choosing. Anyone which photos please post as I am anxious to see it.

Thanks.

-Lil'

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has anyone esle heard of Dodge being slow to deliver R/Ts to the dealerships? I have been waiting to purchase an R/T loaded up with MyGig and after hearing about the new delay on the MyGig unit decided to opt to buy one without it.

I stopped at my dealer last night and he made it sound like there was a real shortage of loaded R/Ts? Has anyone else heard of this? I have 5 dealers in my area and only one has R/Ts in stock (4 to be exact) but none have leather. And I haven't seen any with leather yet.

Is there any truth to his rumor of them stopping production on them because of the MyGig issue? I find that hard to believe, but I figured I ask the rest of the community and get some inside info.

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this.

-Lil'
You can go to this link and see a small photo of my leather:

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=456&page=3

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I think the Nitro R/T is just a somewhat limited production thing. Many were ordered before or during production so there's a lag time created right there. Put on top of that the immediate "eye candy" appeal of an R/T once it hits a dealer's lot and it's gonna take a few more months for supply to catch up with demand.
The other thing that happens (sometimes unfortunately) is the individual dealers themselves pick out trim levels on the cars that they order and I wouldn't be surprised if some dealers aren't ordering in the cloth interiors to try and hit a slightly lower price point.
The good news is I don't think there is an R/T interior that isn't pretty darn cool! But I also understand liking leather.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't understand why a lot of people are saying a shortage of R/T's, now granted I bought my electric blue r/t off the showroom floor and yes it was the only one on the lot, but i just went up to the dealership today to buy more accessories and low and behold, they just got in 6 fully loaded r/t's. 1 blue, 2 orange, 1 silver, and 2 red. I thought i was special for getting the only r/t and sure enough 10 days later they have 6 more.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I think it was a regional thing. I did actually finally get mine last week and the dealer had 4. It was just a matter of supply catching up with the demand...

-Lil'
That's exactly it. They bring out the SXT & the SLT at the lower price point... get the good buzz going and then start shipping the most top of the line vehicles that also cost a lot more. Being in Ohio where the Nitro is built I could see on many of our posts how they spread out across the country. Even if right now you might see a lot of Nitro R/T's on the lots it's only because the dealers have been waiting on them FOREVER!
Be assured... there will always be less R/T's available than any of the the other models. Same as with the Z28's to the regular Cameros or any other multiple style & power level vehicle the R/T right now is the most expensive least produced top dog! :Racing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.