Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smiledown: Nothing but issues with poor quality product.. I purchased drilled and slotted rotors along with their ceramic pads about 8 months ago, replaced factory equipment and after test ride noticed squeeling and a clicking sound from the rear axel. Contacted company and researched online, company states may be issue with axel or something else and could not be their product, removed rear rotors and pads, re installed old OEM and no sounds from rear, after further investigating, found that rotors were out of round and were catching parking assist pads on inside of drum. Contacted company and they replaced rotors (one time only) re-installed R1 rotors and pads and same issue, took off the garbage R1 rotors and pads and put on Carquest specials and all issues were resolved, but still stuck with defective rotors. Forward to about 3 weeks ago, squeels from front R1 drilled and slotted rotors, replaced pads and still squeels, replaced rotor that have only been on Nitro for 8 months and 10,000 miles, and squeel is again gone. Front rotors from R1 concepts failed after 8 months, poor quality product and manufacture will not stand behind product. BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING FROM R1 CONCEPTS.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had brakes from them ,I had no problem R1 brakes are way better than the rubbish dodge fitted as standard equipment even collect more front pads when on holiday in L A you must had a bad set

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
In all my Nitro experience of four years and having the R1-Concepts product for three years, this is the first ever negative report.
Sorry to hear this from and for you!
If the parking brake was not retracked enough to clear the inside of the drum, this does not sound right either. Weak or tired origional equipment?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've had R1 rotors and Hawk pads for about 2 years and almost 45,000 miles and they still stop and look new.....Way better then stock and the looks are great....At carshows everyone Notices them and I get great comments about them.....Sorry yours weren't like mine have been....Best of luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck is fine.

Truck brakes are perfect other than rotors, what is dis appointing is the lack of responsibility by the company. No one there will accept responsibility for shitty product, not like they were a couple of dollars and I will just buy new ones. I will go back to OEM fromdodge, have them for 3 years and 35,000 miles until needed replaced, never thought I would say that but R1 forced me too.:smiledown:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I couldn't get hold of R1 cheap enough as it was going to cost me double to get them to the UK, so went for EBC drilled and grooved discs with yellow stuff pads...got these int he UK at a heck of a bargain price as the supplier confused their buying price with selling price.

The Dodge crap that came off was unbelievable and shockingly bad condition given 21000 miles from new.

Now I stop like I've thrown an anchor round the nearest lamp post, dust is an issue from the yellow stuff pads, green stuff pads might be better for less dust but not as good at the stopping force.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Dimpled grooved discs (rotors) and EBC yellowstuff ceramic pads a bit of dust but OMG do they stop ya and the hotter they get the better they like it.

They have been on over 12 months now and no issues and I tow as well :smileup::smileup::smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.