Dodge Nitro Forum banner

radiator fan not working??

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lester Bowen 
#1 ·
radiator fan not working only works when u press the ac button ?

2007 slt

#2 ·
It will only come on when the rig reaches operating temp. Then it will cycle on/off as needed to maintain engine operating temp.

#5 ·
I should probably post this under AC also, but wanted to throw in my experience with the Fan issue. My AC stopped blowing cold. Electric fan would never kick in. replaced the fan and relays. nothing. Had AC checked, both high and low schrader valves were leaking so replaced them and Freon charged. Electric Fan Operates Normal now, but I only get slightly cool air out of drivers dash vent, others blowing hot. Drive for 2 days with that and run the actuator tests on the doors couple of times, still only cool from the 1 vent. Turn the temp control all the way back and forth a dozen or more times and I'm about ready to tear into the blend door actuators and BOOM! Blend door suddenly, (unstuck?), and ice cold, (sort of), air out of all my vents! I'll take lucky when I see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.