Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my 07 ,4×4 slt has no radiator leaks, but suddenly over heated out of the blue. First time ever..I filled with half antifreeze n water. Noticed bubbles kept coming up. I replaced cap. Dosent show overheating on dash but when I check fluid , the level seems low. I saw on youtube that a cracked head might be the problem. But I've never had any major brake down or anything that happend that could have caused it. Please help

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat, 4x4, 3.7L V6
39 Posts
Hello my 07 ,4×4 slt has no radiator leaks, but suddenly over heated out of the blue. First time ever..I filled with half antifreeze n water. Noticed bubbles kept coming up. I replaced cap. Dosent show overheating on dash but when I check fluid , the level seems low. I saw on youtube that a cracked head might be the problem. But I've never had any major brake down or anything that happend that could have caused it. Please help
I'm not sure if it will help or not, but I would suggest changing your coolant out with Zerex G05 Coolant (50/50 will be on the bottle.) and burping your coolant system with a coolant funnel (You can get kits at Autozone.)

This could be a simple fix such as what I stated, or could be a blown head-gasket.

A cracked head seems a little extreme to me and I believe would be causing more issues such as a loss of compression, and misfires.

Start small and move up from there if need be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts