Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I'm glad I did too. I almost had a problem with my garage door not going up high enough to clear the antenna. However I was able to adjust the tension springs and get 2 more inches of lift. Then it cleared. But I still have the extra in the glove box if I need it.!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking for info...

I am looking for a shorter antenna, since mine hits the garage door and I already adjusted the door... If anyone find any info on this, please let me know where to by or what!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't tried this but...... The antenna is rubber covered and is straight so maybe it could be heated and bent somewhat. I personally don't have to do this but since I have 2 and I hope you got 2 then maybe this would be an option. Nitro Larry may be able to shed some light on this subject.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I haven't tried this but...... The antenna is rubber covered and is straight so maybe it could be heated and bent somewhat. I personally don't have to do this but since I have 2 and I hope you got 2 then maybe this would be an option. Nitro Larry may be able to shed some light on this subject.
You got lucky. All the Nitro's I've seen come in get one antenna. It's not the first time I've seen 2 antennas come in a new vehicle though. Just a mistake at the factory.

There's only 1 antenna for the radio listed, it's part number is 5064253AB. They are really cheap to buy. Less then 10 bucks. Pick one up and cut it off or try bending it.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
The Micro Antenna might work for you.

"Sits at just under 4 inches, with no noticeable reception loss. Comes with 2 threaded screws to fit almost every vehicle..."

They also sell the Nano, a shorter antenna with degraded FM reception.

Micro sells for $25
Nano sells for $15

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.