Dodge Nitro Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
If I remember right from when I tore things apart a year ago, the C1 wiring behind the radio does not go far, only to C202 in the driver's side foot well. The wiring harness that runs between C202 and C313 on the rear quarter panel does not contain the wires to support the hands free module, and the harness that connects the module to C313 does not contain the wires or the connector to the module.
Thanks for the info!!! So if I were to make a harness to go from C202 to a bought connector and wired for C313 and keep it forward in the vehicle I'm thinking I should still be able to make it work?? I have the service manual to trace the wiring diagrams and can make the harness using the Mopar connector part numbers. Would just need to buy the mirror and module.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[Help] I have this car audio (Chrysler/Nitro, part No. 05064113AK) and I want to install at my Toyota Camry. I'd like to know what interfaces and harness I need to do it. I also want to know how to connect CAN-Bus pins from the factory car audio (Chrysler/Nitro) to the harness of my Toyota Camry. I could find CAN-Bus interface for [Chrysler/Nitro Car <--> Aftermarket Car Audio], but I can't find that for [Non-CanBus Car <--> Chrysler/Nitro Factory Car Audio]. Someone says it's impossible. Is it? If possible, please let me know it. Thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is there a spot that I could run an alternate input? I've got my iPod hooked to the auxiliary jack, but would like to be able to switch to my SIRIUS receiver and not have to use the FM transmitter, to much static.

X

·
0 Posts
Just an Honorable Mention............

Excellent, thanks! This is the connector number for the C1 at the radio, 5135638AA. I had just found all these via the vftis site.

I also thought this might be of interest:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=22586&page=1&pp=10

This guy got it working on his LX.

I've been LMAO at a post from that site talking about the NAV voices and how he wanted the Foghorn Leghorn voice. That would be a riot!

I went to Dodge today and looked at the 08 models with factory Uconnect. The mirror has the cover over the plugs, so it was hard to tell. The dealership here is closed on Sunday's so now way to get inside and look.

Still on the hunt, and WILL get this to work.
Jaak, the author of this and many High Tech Post is awesome (and a friend of mine). He is a genius when it come to LXs and electrical systems.

He (currently) figured out a way to use the components in the steering wheel house to incorporate new paddle switches to do the "stealth autostick" mod AT THE STEERING WHEEL. I have done this to my 300 using Mercedes switches (and the HammerShift kit which I can now pitch) so it really looks stock and stealth. I will be considering this mod on my Nitro R/T.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just been reading the outputs of the stock 6 stacker, am i correct in saying the C3 pin out, i can get an audio out from that ? or would it only play audio out when i have a dvd in?
just trying to get an audio out to hook up and amp , or is the only way to get the signal from the rear speakers?

many many thanks if someone can answer my question:)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just speculating, but I would only expect audio out from connector C3 if the rear entertainment mode of the head unit is enabled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
[Help] I have this car audio (Chrysler/Nitro, part No. 05064113AK) and I want to install at my Toyota Camry. I'd like to know what interfaces and harness I need to do it. I also want to know how to connect CAN-Bus pins from the factory car audio (Chrysler/Nitro) to the harness of my Toyota Camry. I could find CAN-Bus interface for [Chrysler/Nitro Car <--> Aftermarket Car Audio], but I can't find that for [Non-CanBus Car <--> Chrysler/Nitro Factory Car Audio]. Someone says it's impossible. Is it? If possible, please let me know it. Thank you.
same question here is it possible to install a dodge radio without the canbus connection? my wife's cd player is broke in her car and i'm thinking of upgrading mine to a mygig which would leave me with a spare nitro radio with satellite. Her car will fit a double din, but its not a chrysler car.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Whereas aftermarket radios have a switched ignition 12v feed to the radio to turn it on, Chrysler radio's don't exactly work the same way. The CAN-BUS circuits tell the radio to turn on. In order to turn on a MyGIG it would require receiving the same BUS message that is transmitted over the CAN Bus network. If you can duplicate this or find a way around it then you could install a MyGIG in any vehicle. I have no idea how to do this. Good luck! :smileup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whereas aftermarket radios have a switched ignition 12v feed to the radio to turn it on, Chrysler radio's don't exactly work the same way. The CAN-BUS circuits tell the radio to turn on. In order to turn on a MyGIG it would require receiving the same BUS message that is transmitted over the CAN Bus network. If you can duplicate this or find a way around it then you could install a MyGIG in any vehicle. I have no idea how to do this. Good luck! :smileup:
so, if I wanted to install an aftermarket amp i'd have to find an alternate way to get the amp to switch on? I know in other vehicles you connect the amp control to the radio's acc wire.
Where can I connect my amp so it will come on when i turn the key?

Nevermind, I just thought about it. I can connect at the lighter.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
so, if I wanted to install an aftermarket amp i'd have to find an alternate way to get the amp to switch on? I know in other vehicles you connect the amp control to the radio's acc wire.
Where can I connect my amp so it will come on when i turn the key?

Nevermind, I just thought about it. I can connect at the lighter.
How did you get a lighter in your Nitro? I want one! My cell is always plugged in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
help!

Unless sorry for my English. I have a stereo single disc of a dodge nitro 07 can put on another vehicle? I have the problem of can-bus can exclude? how can I turn on the stereo with only the + and - 12 volts? thanks mauro​

·
Registered
1 Posts
C3 additional pin functions?

Hello! I have found out that only pins 3,4 and 5 from connector C3 are connected in my REQ radio.
It has the UCI iPod connector installed but there is no UConnect module anywhere so, does anybody know what are these pins for? :thk:
Thanks a lot!
Nestor G.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry to post this first before introducing myself, but I am adding to the Pinouts. I have an 09 Challenger that I dissected to get the pinout, and today just upgraded my 07 RT Nitro with an 09 Mygig and added the IPod cable. So here is an updated pinout for 09 Radios both high and low speed. Works with steering wheel controls, and I added the Uconnect mirror as well. My wife loves it!!! New MyGig software version was 1.220 which appears to be newer than the 1.055 and the 9.807! Had new gracenotes that was above the 1120. The model # for the nitro was P05064739AD.

(I used the pinouts found on nitroforumz.com (http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=390) and added the ipod info after hours of dissection and continiuty testing and the pinouts from http://pinouts.ru/Devices/ipod_pinout.shtml!
Hope this info is helpful (BTW it only works on 2009 model rer's, I am not sure about the 2008)

Radio C1 - Gray 10 way
Hands Free (U-Connect)
Code:
1 18LB/DG LEFT AUDIO OUTPUT
2 18DG/LB RIGHT AUDIO OUTPUT
3 - IPod Serial initiation (Ipod Pin 21)
4 18DG/YL MICROPHONE FEED
5 -
6 18DG COMMON AUDIO OUTPUT
7 18LB/DG MICROPHONE IN (-)
8 18OR/GY SENSOR GROUND
9 - IPod USB Data (+) (Ipod pin 27)
10 - IPod USB Data (-) (Ipod Pin 25)
Radio C2 - Gray 22 way
Audio
Code:
1 18RD FUSED B(+) (I.O.D.)
2 20WT CAN INTERIOR BUS (-)
3 - USB 5 Volts (Ipod pin 23)
4 - IPod Serial TxD (Ipod pin 12)
5 - IPod Serial RxD (Ipod pin 13)
6 - Ipod Ground (Ipod pin 1)
7 18GY/OR AMPLIFIED ANTENNA FEED
8 18GY/LG LEFT REAR SPEAKER (+)
9 18GY/DG LEFT REAR SPEAKER (-)
10 18DG/LG RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (+)
11 18DG/GY RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (-)
12 18BK/WT GROUND
13 20WT/OR CAN INTERIOR BUS (+)
14 - IPod Ground (Ipod pins 29 and 30)
15 - IPod Audio common Ground (-) (Ipod pin 2)
16 - IPod Right Audio out (+) (Ipod pin 3)
17 - IPod Left Audio out (+) (Ipod pin 4)
18 -
19 18DG/VT RIGHT FRONT SPEAKERS(+)
20 18DG/YL RIGHT FRONT SPEAKERS(-)
21 18GY/VT LEFT FRONT SPEAKERS(+)
22 18GY/YL LEFT FRONT SPEAKERS(-)
Radio C3 - White 22 way
Rear-Seat Video Montior
Code:
1 18GY/LB AUDIO RETURN 3
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 18GY/BR VIDEO SIGNAL 1
6 18GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 1
7 VDO-VIDEO SHIELD 1
8 18GY/LB VIDEO SIGNAL 2
9 18GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 2
10 VIDEO SHIELD 2
11 18GY/OR AUDIO RETURN 2
12 18DG/VT AUDIO LEFT 3
13 18DG/YL AUDIO RIGHT 3
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 18DG/TN AUDIO LEFT 1
19 18GY/VT AUDIO RETURN 1
20 18DG/WT AUDIO RIGHT 1
21 18DG/LB AUDIO LEFT 2
22 18DG/DB AUDIO RIGHT 2

My original post (I am posting the challengerforumz link.)
http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=32745

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody! I'm new here, but i have a question. I have a 07 r/t and i'm trying to install a new sound system. I have everything hooked up but i'm getting no sound out of my mids and tweets. I hooked up the wires from the amp to the seaker wires behind the deck. The amp is working. Is there a stock amp that i cant find?? is there another area where i should hook up the speaker wires? That is the only thing i can think it is. Thanks.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Does anyone know which connector is used for the factory subwoofer? I want to wire it up by want to hook it up on the rear of the cd (6disc changer)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
07 Amplifier Wiring Diagram

61 - 80 of 116 Posts