121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2007 R/T
496 Posts
I installed a new Android stereo.

Hooked up the rear VES video screen via a PAC CHYRVD

Nothing. Nothing showing up.

I verified that the PAC interface connects their yellow RCA to the 6&7 wire above (yellows to 6, black to 7 under my thumb).

Finger Nail Thumb Electrical wiring Electronic device

Yet all I get from the VES is:

Plant Communication Device Output device Audio equipment Gadget

No way to change that MODE (stays on RADIO).

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
how did you change the mode before ? from the old headunit i guess,

·
Registered
17 Posts
it's a power feed linking both mic's, coming from fuse M34,
I am finally getting around to this...the Genlock 610 mirror with two microphones and auto dimming...Ida and other repairs have taken up my spare time. I apologize if this is a bit scatterbrained but I wanted to post this while it was still fresh in my mind.

On the bench the dimming feature works great. I have factory tint so I still have to see how that will affect it. Pin 8 goes to ground. Pin 9 goes to the reverse wire. Pin 10 is also grounded for the light sensors. Pin 13 goes to the switched 12v.

Now to the microphone side of things... Pins 1 (+) & 2 (-) is the OUTPUT for MIC 1. Pins 3 (+) & 2 (-) is the OUTPUT for MIC 2. Pin 2 is the ground for both microphones. The interesting part...at least to me...was pin 15.

Thanks to Nitrogen for pointing me in the right direction. The Genlock 610 uses some kind of phantom power for the microphones. I was not sure how much voltage to apply to Pin 15 - MIC FEED. I found a post on a Ram forum troubleshooting the hands free module and someone mentioned there should be at least 1v on the MIC FEED pin. I do not have that module in my Nitro. I bought it used and it came with a Pioneer headunit and a microphone tucked into the A pillar. My goal here is to eliminate that microphone...I think it looks pretty rinky dinky. I would hate to blow out the microphone circuit with 12v. I played it safe and successfully tested the microphones with 5v. I will then splice the microphone output into the existing microphone cable that is plugged into the Pioneer.

Would anyone happen to know what the proper voltage is for the Pin 15 MIC FEED? On the hands free module that would be pin 1 I believe.
Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Playstation portable Bumper Eyewear

Circuit component Passive circuit component Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Diagonal pliers

Handwriting Wood Font Gas Chalk

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
there are 2 maybe 3 possible wiring diagrams depends on vehicles options, did your Nitro originaly come with the Sat Nav option
be careful those pin outs you are quoting for the Mic Feed do not correspond to my wiring diagrams,
if equipped, hands free module is behind right quaterpanel
do you have a microphone in your OEM rear view mirror

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found the pinouts for the mirror online. I do not know what was stock on my Nitro. I bought it used and the Pioneer unit came with it. It has a little microphone that sticks out above the A-pillar. The original mirror was a plain mirror with no microphones or dimming function.

I have tested the new mirror and everything works. I am looking to find what voltage is supposed to be on that Mic Feed line. It works with 5vdc...tempted to try 9vdc and see what happens. The mirror has a 16 pin connector but only has the 8 wires I listed earlier.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
i wouldn't try 9volts, my guess is thats way to high, unfortunatly the manual does not give the Mic feed voltage,

121 - 127 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.