Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Radio Connector Pinouts

200K views 131 replies 53 participants last post by  CaCrab 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a start at documenting the connector pins for the radio. The single-CD radio should only have C1 and C2, while the 6-disc and navigation radios should have all three connectors.

I have drawings of the connectors that indicate which pins are where, but do not have a way to post them yet. Once I do I will update this with both that and a picture of the back of my 6-disc radio when I get a chance.

The first column lists the pin, the second contains the wire gauge and the color combination, and the third its function as listed in the service manual.

Radio C1 - Gray 10 way
Hands Free (U-Connect)
Code:
1    18LB/DG    LEFT AUDIO OUTPUT
2    18DG/LB    RIGHT AUDIO OUTPUT
3    -
4    18DG/YL    MICROPHONE FEED
5    -
6    18DG       COMMON AUDIO OUTPUT
7    18LB/DG    MICROPHONE IN (-)
8    18OR/GY    SENSOR GROUND
9    -
10   -
Radio C2 - Gray 22 way
Audio

Code:
1    18RD       FUSED B(+) (I.O.D.)
2    20WT       CAN INTERIOR BUS (-)
3    -
4    -
5    -
6    -
7    18GY/OR    AMPLIFIED ANTENNA FEED
8    18GY/LG    LEFT REAR SPEAKER (+)
9    18GY/DG    LEFT REAR SPEAKER (-)
10   18DG/LG    RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (+)
11   18DG/GY    RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (-)
12   18BK/WT    GROUND
13   20WT/OR    CAN INTERIOR BUS (+)
14   -
15   -
16   -
17   -
18   -
19   18DG/VT    RIGHT FRONT SPEAKERS(+)
20   18DG/YL    RIGHT FRONT SPEAKERS(-)
21   18GY/VT    LEFT FRONT SPEAKERS(+)
22   18GY/YL    LEFT FRONT SPEAKERS(-)
Radio C3 - White 22 way
Rear-Seat Video Montior

Code:
1    18GY/LB    AUDIO RETURN 3
2    -
3    -
4    -
5    18GY/BR    VIDEO SIGNAL 1
6    18GY/YL    VIDEO COMMON 1
7               VDO-VIDEO SHIELD 1
8    18GY/LB    VIDEO SIGNAL 2
9    18GY/YL    VIDEO COMMON 2
10              VIDEO SHIELD 2
11   18GY/OR    AUDIO RETURN 2
12   18DG/VT    AUDIO LEFT 3
13   18DG/YL    AUDIO RIGHT 3
14   -
15   -
16   -
17   -
18   18DG/TN    AUDIO LEFT 1
19   18GY/VT    AUDIO RETURN 1
20   18DG/WT    AUDIO RIGHT 1
21   18DG/LB    AUDIO LEFT 2
22   18DG/DB    AUDIO RIGHT 2

See less See more
#77 ·
Hi everybody! I'm new here, but i have a question. I have a 07 r/t and i'm trying to install a new sound system. I have everything hooked up but i'm getting no sound out of my mids and tweets. I hooked up the wires from the amp to the seaker wires behind the deck. The amp is working. Is there a stock amp that i cant find?? is there another area where i should hook up the speaker wires? That is the only thing i can think it is. Thanks.

#81 ·
Hello
I need your help to connect the sound of my Carputer for my dodge nitro radio.
I sought information in the forum, but I'm okay, my radio plate is different from the story.
The model my radio is this: part no. 05064053ak
What I want is to connect the sound through the back of the connector pins using c3 so they do not see anything in front part of the radio
I also get dvd signal to 2 monitors for back seat

#84 ·
help needed please dodge nitro 2007 crd 2.8se

I am trying to get hold of a retro loom so that I can connect a LCD Flat Screen Monitor to the roof of my car. Dodge UK wont give me a copy of the wiring diagram so I am hoping you can help me out. Just need it explaining clear so I can hand it over to an auto electrician with the hope he or she can help me out.

Thanks
Stephen :smileup:

#87 ·
ck3000 parrot

Hi, I have a wrangler JK2008 with exact same stereo. it is a 6-disc dvd changer, probably manufactured by Mopar.
I can't figure from the wiririg diagram, what pins to connect my parrot handsfree device.
I would like to utilize the original speaker and to mute upon call.
For that I need mute signal and audio inputs, anyone?

#88 ·
Hi, I have a wrangler JK2008 with exact same stereo. it is a 6-disc dvd changer, probably manufactured by Mopar.
I can't figure from the wiririg diagram, what pins to connect my parrot handsfree device.
I would like to utilize the original speaker and to mute upon call.
For that I need mute signal and audio inputs, anyone?
Welcome to the forum. NitroRich from the UK just hooked up a parrot in his Nitro. Hopefully, he will see your post and tell you how he hooked up his.

:cool:

#89 ·
Thanks

it is very hard to find any information about this sot-948 harness, and I find it strange as it is ISO.
Anyways, this forum is being most informative all over the web, i'v been searching fora while now. Can't wait till someone reveals it. Actually I saw that there are some 3rd parties selling those adapter harness, meaning the pin-out can be pulled out.

#90 ·
it is very hard to find any information about this sot-948 harness, and I find it strange as it is ISO.
Anyways, this forum is being most informative all over the web, i'v been searching fora while now. Can't wait till someone reveals it. Actually I saw that there are some 3rd parties selling those adapter harness, meaning the pin-out can be pulled out.
There are all sorts of adapters out there. Be aware that all model year Nitros run on a High Speed CanBus. Do you know how to use the forum? You can send a PM (private message) to NitroRich and ask him how he set his Parrot up. Find a post by him on the forum. Click on his name and a small pull down menu will appear - one of the choices is "send private message". He will see this and respond to you. You can always start a thread in the newbie section, but don't ask the same question. If you do, Scar0 will merge the threads, which, in your case, might be a good idea as this is an old thread and people may not be looking at it.

:cool:

#91 ·
need help! need a wire diagram for my 2007 nitro r/t audio system ! Mine came with the infinity sound 8 total channel infinity amp ! 2 ohm ,dual coil sub , r-doors components ,f-doors, just the 6.75" mids lower dr , front dash corners 2.5" midranges ! very complicated system ! need wire colors ? anyone know , or where ?

#93 ·
HELLO, pardon for my English poor person. I write from españa. Photo of my connector of my Req CD6/DVD journey 2009. It can say that pins to connect exit of video to Dvd player?
Welcome to the Nitro forum. I see you have a Dodge Journey.
I don't think the Journey and Nitro use the same wire colors.
So I do not know if that plug is for video.

#98 ·
Sorry I do not have a picture.
See page 4, post 75 of this thread.
Look for
"Radio C3 - White 22 way
Rear-Seat Video Montior"

The first # is the Pin # of the wire in the plug. Next is Nitro colors (yours are different). Next what that wire does.

For each monitor video you will need;
VIDEO SIGNAL, VIDEO COMMON, and, VIDEO SHIELD
(all with same last # 1, or 2)
For each monitor audio you will need;
AUDIO LEFT, AUDIO RIGHT, and AUDIO RETURN
(all with same last # 1,2,or3)

Reactions: Nitrogen
#100 ·
Sorry I can not see the Pin # on your connector.
Here is the connector pin chart.
If your plug is wired the same as the Nitro plug.
It looks like your plug has 16 wires. The Nitro plug only has 15 wires.

For monitor # 1 you will need these; ( below In red)
For monitor # 2 you will need these; ( below in Green)
Radio C3 - White 22 way
Rear-Seat Video Montior

Code:
1 18GY/LB AUDIO RETURN 3
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 18GY/BR VIDEO SIGNAL 1
6 18GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 1
7 VDO-VIDEO SHIELD 1

8 18GY/LB VIDEO SIGNAL 2
9 18GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 2
10 VIDEO SHIELD 2
11 18GY/OR AUDIO RETURN 2

12 18DG/VT AUDIO LEFT 3
13 18DG/YL AUDIO RIGHT 3
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 18DG/TN AUDIO LEFT 1
19 18GY/VT AUDIO RETURN 1
20 18DG/WT AUDIO RIGHT 1

21 18DG/LB AUDIO LEFT 2
22 18DG/DB AUDIO RIGHT 2

#104 ·
I just looked in my manuals. Both the 07 and 08 show the above^ are not the correct pinouts for Radio C3 - White 22 way

This is what I show in both the 07 and 08 manuals;
Radio C3 - White 22 way
1 GY/LB AUDIO RETURN 3
2 - -
3 - -
4 - -
5 - -
6 GY/BR VIDEO SIGNAL 1
7 GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 1
8 NA VDO-VIDEO SHIELD 1
9 GY/LB VIDEO SIGNAL 2
10 GY/YL VIDEO COMMON 2
11 NA VIDEO SHIELD 2
12 GY/OR AUDIO RETURN 2
13 DG/VT AUDIO LEFT 3
14 DG/YL AUDIO RIGHT 3
15 - -
16 - -
17 - -
18 DG/TN AUDIO LEFT 1
19 GY/VT AUDIO RETURN 1
20 DG/WT AUDIO RIGHT 1
21 DG/LB AUDIO LEFT 2
22 DG/DB AUDIO RIGHT 2

Sorry I did not catch this sooner, but I never had a reason to look it up.

Reactions: Nitrogen