Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio keeps power but intermittently I lose sound. I get a loud quick scratch like the speakers lose power. Then no sound. Sometimes I can cut power on/off to the radio through the HU and it comes back. Sometimes no. It is back right now. Any input?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Sounds like the internal amp in the radio is dying. Either that or you have a speaker or wire short and the HU kills the speaker output.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So in theory..... if I didn’t want to dig to deep at first, try new head unit and go from there. See if it stops

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: my radio is dying further. Before I could control volume just got no sound. No volume knob does nothing at all. Turning it doesn’t even bring up the numeric volume display. I ordered a new HU this morning as this happened last night when we left the river at midnight and had to drive 30 minutes home in silence lol. I’m hoping this has isolated my problem to the HU now and no digging will be required. I’ll post again with HU ordered

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where would be the most logical place to tie my new HU into the parking brake? i must tie into the park brake for video on screen......this will only work when park brake engaged....buddy mine told me just to ground the park brake though and video will work all the time. Any input or suggestions....according to my install instructions i dont have to remove the center console or any of that so if possible a way that i dont have to take anything unnecessary apart

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upon further investigation he was telling me to hook park brake wire to ground from radio to fool it into thinking brake is on. N then I ain’t gada dig as deep and watch video whenever

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
where would be the most logical place to tie my new HU into the parking brake? i must tie into the park brake for video on screen......this will only work when park brake engaged....buddy mine told me just to ground the park brake though and video will work all the time. Any input or suggestions....according to my install instructions i dont have to remove the center console or any of that so if possible a way that i dont have to take anything unnecessary apart
Under the center console. Most likely, with most newer HU, it is not the ground but the + and - the HU senses from the park brake to activate the Vid.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
must admit i would not link this to the parking brake, for the simple Reason that my wife or children may want to look at Something whilst i'm Driving or stuck in trafic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts