Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I decide to shell out any more dough on this beast (08 Liberty 3.7L) I need to know if it's going to be worth it.

I really, really, really want better performance, and I would even take a dip in gas mileage to get it.

I guess what I want to know is if the Jet stage 2 chip will really give me a big boost in power? Or is it just snake oil?

I already modded the exhaust and intake, so this is really the last thing left performance wise that I can do. What I'm looking for here is something that will really make this thing move when I need to pass. Right now, it's a little scary and I need a LOT of open road before I get the courage to pass someone.

What HP gains should the stage 2 give me with a cat back and CAI that I already have?

· Registered
1,786 Posts
What cat back and intake do you have?? I have done all three mods and I really didn't notice a difference till I hoped in a stock 4.0L nitro. That’s when I could tell a difference. There definitely was an increases in performance over stock. I did the cat back and chip at the same time so I really don’t know the increase of each item but the overall increase I thank was worth the buck considering the nice sound and extra power I am getting,

Before I decide to shell out any more dough on this beast (08 Liberty 3.7L) I need to know if it's going to be worth it.

I really, really, really want better performance, and I would even take a dip in gas mileage to get it.

I guess what I want to know is if the Jet stage 2 chip will really give me a big boost in power? Or is it just snake oil?

I already modded the exhaust and intake, so this is really the last thing left performance wise that I can do. What I'm looking for here is something that will really make this thing move when I need to pass. Right now, it's a little scary and I need a LOT of open road before I get the courage to pass someone.

What HP gains should the stage 2 give me with a cat back and CAI that I already have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.