Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my local Dodge dealership to get a price on rear brake's since I have 10% left. He said they have to change them to drum brake's, anyone hear of this? If so why? Thank you

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
LOL That is a new one to me! LOL
Like Stan said above the rear brakes have 2 parts. Disc & Pads for your brake pedal, and Drum & Shoes for the emergency brake. It is called a "drum in hat design".
You need both sets of brakes for both systems to work.
Perhaps the dealer meant to say that they should check/change both the disc brake pads and the drum break shoes.?
May be a Pic would help you to see what I am referring to.

Reactions: NITROVER

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the response, I have a little shop that I know the owner, trying to give him business for repairs and he quoted me to replace the brake's and rotor's.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Well I just replaced the rear brakes on our Nitro. 56200 miles and they were shot. Still have quite a bit left on the front.......This is not the way I thought brakes wore out. Usually front first. They were easy to change once I got all my tools together......Got the Autozone OE replacement parts. $25.00........Will see how they wear....:Racing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well i just got my very first Dodge Nitro, to tell the truth I've done nothing but complain about since I bought it, going to stop doing that. She's actually not a bad old girl, just bad previous owner. Just finished tuning her up and now changing out all the fuel injectors, well as soon as they come in from Amazon. Next is on to the brakes, have a soft pedal. I'm thinking the master cylinder is leaking inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts