Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Nitro Addict!
527 Posts
I've given up on this idea for now.
On top would kill what little fuel mileage we get.
The first rack option looks good but as you stated $800 is hard to swallow. Plus the added weight you'd be carrying around.
The last rack option would be a PIA to take off and on with a spare on it. Awkward and heavy. As well as what you mentioned, it will wiggle in the receiver hitch and make noise, and sway side to side. Plus I tow too much for this to make much sense for me.
All the links to pictures, and other websites aren't working anymore from this thread, so I can't even see what used to be available. I would like to get a Jeep style, swing away arm to mount my spare tire to, so I could use the space under the Nitro as a proper trunk, accessed from my sliding "Slide-n-Go" rear cargo floor. It would be great to be able to put more tools in that space, as well as some camping gear.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
All the links to pictures, and other websites aren't working anymore from this thread, so I can't even see what used to be available. I would like to get a Jeep style, swing away arm to mount my spare tire to, so I could use the space under the Nitro as a proper trunk, accessed from my sliding "Slide-n-Go" rear cargo floor. It would be great to be able to put more tools in that space, as well as some camping gear.
Nothing we can do about photobucket Pics that are missing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts