Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used air ride or some sort of rear spring healers to help in towing? With my current setup of a 2.5” day star lift I feel if I tow anything on my back hitch the rear end is going to sag like crazy. I was thinking of adding air ride inside the coils. Would that help?

·
Nitro Addict!
532 Posts
Wanted to let everyone know that this is what I found. On Air Bags. I an thinking about purchasing them and letting everyone know how it goes.
This is the first airbag kit I have seen for the Nitro. So glad that someone finally made this kit, and YES, please post info about how the install goes for you, and how well they work afterwards. I'm definitely interested in adding this to my 2007 R/T 4x4 Nitro. I just finished the airbag helper suspension for my 1/2 ton GMC 4x4 truck a few days ago, and it was pretty easy, but not the one hour install that this Nitro kit claims. I also replaced the old 1/2 ton 3 leaf plus bottom rigid leaf, rear springs on the GMC, because when I began the install of the airbag helper suspension, I noticed that my leaf springs were completely flat, with only a tool box and a 200lb. generator in the back of the truck. I used new leaf springs with 4 leaves, plus the bottom rigid leaf, and now I don't really need the airbag helper suspension for towing my 22ft. trailer. Oh well, they may come in handy if I move up to a larger trailer in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts