Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Dodge Nitro 3.7L SXT

I'm not sure why but when I initiate rear windshield sprayer, nothing comes out the rear nozzle and the front ones spray pitifully....
However, when I use the front sprayers they work fine.

Any thoughts?

Is it the pump? A fuse? The multifunction tree?

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum @SNitro. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.
@JPthekid is dead on.
Pull the hoses off the pump(Mark which goes where) and briefly try the rear. If it sprays allover, the pump and switch is fine.

Reactions: SNitro and JPthekid

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
814 Posts
I experienced this on the work truck.... except opposite but it’s how I learned it’s all tied together..... tried using rear sprayer and nothing..... then I had no more fluid. The rear was torn under truck and by spraying it it started a siphon. So went to spray front and whole reservoir was empty lol. Had puddle under truck. Either way though did you find the problem?

Reactions: Nitrogen and Scar0

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just read your replies! Sorry for the delay I am a newbie to this forum ordeal. (Thought I would get email notifications..) Very happy I got some replies. I will pull the hoses off and run the rear sprayer pump to see if it functions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I experienced this on the work truck.... except opposite but it’s how I learned it’s all tied together..... tried using rear sprayer and nothing..... then I had no more fluid. The rear was torn under truck and by spraying it it started a siphon. So went to spray front and whole reservoir was empty lol. Had puddle under truck. Either way though did you find the problem?

Just read replies. Haven't bothered with it since but I will pull the hoses off this as suggested and let you know

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
if i remember correctly there is just one pump, it spins one way to sprays the front, then spins the opposite way to spray the rear,

Reactions: JPthekid and Scar0

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sooo.. embarrassing but, the rear sprayer hose was not even attached to the pump... must have been pulled off when I had transmission oil cooler replaced.

Thank you for suggesting pulling off the hoses! I wouldn't have looked otherwise

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Whoot! Love easy fixes, and thanks much for the update. It may just help someone else down the road! 👍

Reactions: SNitro
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.