Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
649 Posts
At last Dodge have a full fix.

I received the interim fix recall notice and like France believed we had no Dodge dealers so paid Jeep dealer to carry out the interim fix. I’ve since found out we have only a few authorised Dodge dealers left, nearest to me is near Oxford so time for me to contact them to get it fully sorted…tired of looking at the square smiley face indent in the centre of the steering wheel 👍

Reactions: Nitrogen

· Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone know if this recall was ever resolved? If I take my Nitro in, do they have replacement badges/covers now?

I think my dad had a similar recall, completed, for the Chrysler badge on his T&C steering wheel.
i can also confirm they do replace it, i took mine in about 3 months ago here in California and was a good job done.

· Registered
14 Posts
Oh my! I have discovered today that this recall is somewhat of a joke! I guess it is a joke until someone gets injured with the loose retainers in the steering wheel cover. Upon calling three different dealerships, I have discovered that they are not removing the loose retainers if the emblem has come off or when they remove it. I'm not saying that every dealership is doing that but as of yet, that's what three of them are telling me. And Dodge recall department has stated to me that the recall is to remain open even after the emblem is removed until a new one is available and is put into place. But yet dealerships are marking them as closed. Thus here is a likelihood if they do not make a change in how their system operates, that another letter will not be sent out letting the customer know that the part is now available. And also Dodge recall is saying that the retainers loose in the steering wheel cover should be
removed. To which my empty emblem inset says "OH MY!"
View attachment 39596 View attachment 39596
So take the logo off and that's all ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts