Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Recall notice

8K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Westy52 
#1 ·
I just got my official recall letter from Fiat group to bring my Nitro in for the faulty logo attached to the center of the air bag in the steering wheel. Has anyone ever had their RAM logo imbedded into the skull or throat? Did anyone die from injuries associated with it becoming loose that the company went from "possibly might happen" to ASAP?

#2 ·
We had one member here who got the dodge emblem branded into their arm when the airbag deployed.
Left a pretty good bruise there. Can't say if it was still connected to the cover when it hit them in the forearm.
That is the only one I have heard about here.
OMG! I just read the "repair" procedure.
If the PAL nuts (on the inside of the cover) are still secure they put a piece of tape over the nuts. If any are loose they simply remove the emblem entirely.
But a side note it says;
If the emblem and retainers are removed per the repair instructions: Advise
the customer that they will receive a Customer Satisfaction Notification in their
mailbox at a later date once new DAB covers with emblem become available.
See this thread for more info.

Reactions: Thomas Lee Richards
#3 ·
I went to the dealership for my recall. I had a pretty good understanding of it because I had already talked to a friend who is a mechanic but never helps me with anything 🤣😂! I had glued that emblem back on about 6 years ago. Basically I am in my car at the service entrance and the service manager explained that they would remove the emblem. I took my pocket knife out and popped it off and he said we were done. They marked it off the list. So I'm going to assume that the pal nuts are loose inside the steering cover? Couldn't they hit me if the airbag deployed? Maybe I don't understand...

#9 ·
Lol yea I got the notice that said they’d remove it etc etc.... I’m gon let it go.... tape on the nuts isn’t worth my time. And I def don’t want to ride without a logo. You’ll prob never get a replacement lol

Reactions: Scar0
#10 ·
Actually, instead of a goat looking at me now from my steering wheel, it looks like a little square headed happy face. I'm sure they got paid nicely for me doing the "complex" recall for them. I just don't want to be the one out of a million with a pal nut tattoo on my forehead.

#14 ·
I had to pay local Jeep dealer to remove the emblem as Dodge recall work is no longer authorised for Jeep dealers in the U.K. I hate FCA as other Jeep Chrysler vehicles affected by the recall are free of charge.

I played safe as didn’t fancy wearing a new Dodge Ram birthmark.

has a permanent fix/replacement airbag cover been released yet or are new owners Stellantis hoping it will all go quietly away?

#15 ·
It was my understanding from months ago, that this recall was not supposed to be marked closed on your vehicle when the emblem was removed. It was only to be marked closed when the new emblem came in and it was replaced. That is what I was told when I called into Dodge. I'm pretty sure they marked mine closed, so I will probably never get a notification when the replacement emblem comes in.

#16 ·
Yep you’re right the emblem removal is an interim safety measure, not the full repair.

from what I’ve read about new owner Stellantis all brands are under immense pressure to prove their worth and financial viability. Not sure then how the costs of designing/manufacturing a new airbag cover, and the costs of installation with fit with this corporate pressure on a vehicle range that ceased production in 2012

#17 ·
Hi guys, I have my Nitro booked in for this recall on Thursday, after reading the comments about the emblem being removed, I feel like cancelling it, it’ll look terrible without the logo on the steering wheel cover. What’s the actual real chances it’ll ever fly off and hit me?

#20 ·
yes they now fit the steering wheel with a redesigned badge,
i finally got my recall notice about 1 year after everyone in the USA, i live in France which no longer has any Dodge dealers, so the letter says i have 2 options take my Nitro to Switzerland, or take it to Belgium, to have the recall done, and then goes on to say, if i don't i could be refused my annual vehicle inspection certificate, so far its not been mentioned,

#21 ·
At last Dodge have a full fix.

I received the interim fix recall notice and like France believed we had no Dodge dealers so paid Jeep dealer to carry out the interim fix. I’ve since found out we have only a few authorised Dodge dealers left, nearest to me is near Oxford so time for me to contact them to get it fully sorted…tired of looking at the square smiley face indent in the centre of the steering wheel 👍

Reactions: Nitrogen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.