Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just had the stalling recall done on Saturday and the Nitro (3.7 4x4) seems to be peppier and the transmission seems to shift smoother. I would assume this is because of the changes done to the TCM. My question is were there other changes that were made intentionally (along with the recall)
based on previous TSBs or is this a side effect of the stalling correction or am I simply imagining things ? Anyone else seen a difference in acceleration or shifting after the recall work was performed ?
:Racing:

· Registered
2,138 Posts
The recall directly reprogrammed the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). This module has no control on the transmission shifting. It may be other module may have been reprogrammed by your dealer and you weren't made aware of it. Typically for the transmission the PCM or TCM would have to reprogrammed for a change. In the case of the Nitro the PCM and TCM are the same module. Which is located on the right rear of the engine bay. :)

· Registered
53 Posts
I would have to say since my recall was preformed I'm having more loud clunks from the back after 1-2 shift, louder whining, it seems to shift out way to fast and really lugging down the engine and the ac is acting funny now. The blower sounds like it's going out. But there is this new noise that almost sounds like a vacuum with a hole in the hose. weird. Oh and my esp/bass light went back out, but I think I felt my truck "wandering off the road" a couple of times.. But not sure. I'm watching THAT close. My husband's back out of town, I told him on the phone and he said it could be a bad break pad!?! :i_rolleyes:

So I guess I will man up and haul my azz back to the dealership.:eek:ut:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.