Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine was thrown in as part of the deal when I bought it. The dealership just paid the local 4x4 shop (extreme4x4) in Topeka, KS to install it. Took about 1.5 hours to complete and looks and works great.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just installed one on an '06 Pacifica last summer. Instructions were clear & the install went down without a problem. Took me about 2 hours & a couple of beers to get the reciever & wiring all done. I picked it all up from the dealer. I was surprised to see their pricing was pretty competitive with anything I found on Ebay or local hitch shops..... plus the dealer had it in stock.

Then later in the summer we towed a camper from WA to MN & back. 3400 miles with a 2000 load, without any problems at all. ....... related to the hitch & lights anyway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't looked close enough at the rear bumper of one without the hitch installed. Does it need to be cut, or will the center section pop off to accept the hitch and trim piece?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have an R/T without the Tow kit because I am going to put my own on. If you look at bch's photo above if you want it to look stock you will need the receiver bezel. Dodgeparts.com has it and you can also order it from your dealer. Its only $26.00. You will need to do trimming/cutting to your bumper cover. Below is a link:

Dodge Nitro Receiver Bezel

As far as aftermarket hitches Valley Industries, Hidden Hitch, Draw Tite and Curt all make hitches thus far. The best prices I have found has been etrailer.com. Below is a link directly to the Nitro page... don't forget you will need a wiring harness also. The links for the harness are to the left of the hitches on the same page.

eTrailer.com Nitro Hitches

Except for the trimming of the bumper cover, installation is a breeze for anyone who is handy. Most hitches use existing holes on the frame and should only take a short amount of time to get bolted up. I hope this helps you guys out.

-Lil'

·
Registered
734 Posts
Old thread but I wanted to dispell any confusion. The factory receiver is the only one that requres cutting. The bezel is only used to cover the cut in the bumper for the factory receiver.

The aftermarket receivers hang lower than the factory one; just below the bumper. So you just bolt em on and you are done (besides wiring).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.